View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 22:03   #32
Backman

Okay, I do not usually wirte here on forum, but this is almost too much, on international forum too....

First If you want a dog, have thought over it and is ready to take a new family member, then get a Golden Retriever or som other nice pet.

If you really are not like all other friends and people, are ready to offer your life, your world for to socialize a little adorable CzW puppy, share moments of love, hate and all in all understanding, think over it not once, not twice, but you should almost be sleepless of worrying am I the right person for this breed. Because there is seldom falut in puppy or young dog, it is in 95% of the cases in the upper end of the leash the problems start.

I have followed here Pollux story, from importing, from blackmailing Edit for sending dog, to successful training news and good news. And suddelly he is searching for new home. Has something happend, if he is unpredicatble in your eyes?

To EARN the trust of a wolfdog is not like owning a Golden Retriever or some other nice regular pet.
Maybe you should think twice to search for him a new home now, because young age, insecure of the whole world, lost home changeing wolfdog is not the best dog to send on to a new home. The pictures tell me he needs time, and that collar, what is that ? Is he a monster or is it beautiful to have lot of chains around dogs neck????? If he is shy, it is your responsibility to give him time, YOU CAN NOT GET A CZ WOLFDOG
and think he will be perfect service dog, far from all CzW are suitable for working. And the buyer should have read so much about the breed that they know what dogs these are.

This is why I tell people that are interested in this breed for whatever reason, work, family, to get a regular pet, because they do not know anything about them, and if told, some seem not to understand.

The ones that come visit me and my dogs several times, spend time, show me that they are "dogpeople, and loves wolves and are able to understand the breed, those are people that could be future puppy buyers.. and even how much you trust puppy buyer and theur sotires bla bla bla.. they can be bad homes.
But Somebody helping somebody to get a CzW and has seen maybe only a few dogs of this breed can not know what they are buying.

I imported my first CzW without seeing it in february 2007, and I had never seen in real life A CzW. It was not easy, but I was very much prepared for whatever was to come with shy puppy. IT TAKES TIME, some dogs (like people too) develop slower, might need more soft training and a lot of understanding. Today I have 6 CzW, all different in heart and soul, all very kind, and some more good for training, some not at all, but ALL OF THEM ARE BOUGHT TO BE LOVED FAMILY MEMBERS!
And each one of them means the world to me ! no matter if little shy or little bit unpredictable in some situations in young age...

A Czechoslovakian Wolfdog is in my eyes adult and stabile in the age 3,5-4 years. So dont give up..

This is why my heart breakes when reading these kind of stories on international forum. A lot of dogs change homes, a lot of dogs are beeing put to sleep, because owners do not know what they are buying and breeder make mistake and sell/place puppy to bad homes. And I find that very sad
But so it is, and nobody is perfect breeder or buyer,

I Hope you could be little more mature and give him some time, and remember, that even though you have other dogs that are able to be trained to service dogs, Pollux is also a pet, that needs lot of love and understanding for what he is. Remember he is young, give him time, please think of what a re-homeing again would make him more shy and insecure, it is not easy for all individuals of CzW to trust people, and if he cant have a "home" a safe place where to be relaxed and feel loved, he might maybe never be able to trust people like others.

I have re-homed a puppy (1 year) CzW that had lived in bad conditions, and he is today a happy family dog, but will probably forever be very insecure and shy for strangers. And I had him for a few months to see what he was as 11 months old, and I saw potential and understood him, I decided he could move,he was very afraid of everything, even that the sky would fall over him. He could only move to special home, with a girl that has very big heart an a great love for wolves, she understand him, they are now best friends. If I had not found her, I would not have given him away, because it is my responsibility, my dog.

But I think regular dog trainer for GSD or other working dog breeds are too hard to understand our sensitive breed. They are not problem dogs, they need understanding and a very strong leader in mind, to be a safe friend if shy.
Everything is possible, but please think twice. It is YOUR responsibility. All your writeing about him makes everything so un nessecary WORL WIDE. Isn't it most important to concentrate on the dog, not telling the whole world you have a problem on this so "friendly" forum.............

Best Regards,
Jenny
Finland
www.foreverwolf.nettisivu.org
Backman jest offline   Reply With Quote