View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 13:29   #12
Czunksolov

Thanks for all your responses. I've not been able to read them all until now as i have been working hundreds of miles away from civilization (Wales! ) I knew it was too good to be true and vlcak had to mean wolfdog. Thanks especially to Mirka for your info on breed names, it seems that the name vlcak does not suggest they are any more related to a wolf than a ovcak is to a sheep! Thanks for having a go at a phonetic spelling. I think I've got it, or something close to it. Slarman's news about the five generations rule is very interesting indeed. Maybe it is something that UK government can follow. They are more likely to allow us the great privilege toown the dog we were meant for, if they can still enjoy putting lots of restrictions on them! And the more pointless, useless, but irrelevant and harmless rules we can offer the better. Dharkwolf, you mentioned thet FCI names are in several languages; in UK we often refer to a breed by its nationality then what I assume is its native name e.g. Hungarian Puli or Norweigian Buhund. It is extremely unusual to translate the second part into english. I was wondering if in official FCI names other breeds like the Hungarian Puli have been fully translated as well or wether they just went with the common UK name. I do worry about this Documentary. I think I'd love to see a bunch of film footage of CSVs but I know what UK TV is like. I know that to be sure to sell a film about CSVs you have to portray them as the Devil (and end any chance of legalisation) or as little Angels who can do no harm at all (and then, after legalisation, the rescues will fill up with untrained adolescent CSVs that people bought because they liked the romantic notion of living with a tame wolf.-What happened in US after 'Dances With Wolves'? People bought wolf crosses because thats what is available there! Do you know which TV company or which breeder is involved in this as I'd like to find out more about this before it is shown on telly. Bye, Rob.
Czunksolov jest offline   Reply With Quote