View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 11:33   #14
Mirkawolf

Send a message via ICQ to Mirkawolf Send a message via Skype™ to Mirkawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by slarman
I hope friends over there will help alert other breeders/owners,who can't speak or read English to be careful when dealing with Aussies who just want own a CSW because they're cute or they want to own a wolf-hybrid which this breed is not,as we all know.
Regards,Simon
I wish you good luck with this, but I am affraid, it will not work. Unfortunatelly, there was, is and always will be enough of breeders, who really do not care, to where they sell their pups. And that both in the countries of origin, as well as in Western Europe, however, I think in the West it is in bigger scale. I´ve never seen so many CSWs to be "produced" for money, as since I moved to Brussels and started to look around and listen. As long as people will produce (since I do not call this breeding) CSWs for money, there will always be buyers. And opposite, of course.

Seems that to CSW, same thing is happening, like happened to labradors, golden retrievers, dalmatians .. they are getting popular, the number of people interested in them grows and thus, the number of producers of pups too. But the quality of the dogs, their character and look is going far from the original.

In France, there is already several kennels, who happily produce CSW pups without pedigree and they are proud of it. Do you think, these "breeders" do care, where their pups go?

For the last two years, I´ve met myself several people, who breed CSWs without caring to x-ray the parents, without paying any attention to choose the best crossing, without thinking about the future of the breed whatsoever. You can find dogs with dysplasia E/E, that are used in breeding. You can find dogs bonitated with result P14 (thus unbreedable) but happily used for producing puppies. You can find dogs resembling jackals, more than dogs or wolfdogs, but so what, it´s different type and we like it, says the breeder, and happily breeds!

Do you think, all these people care about the breed? I doubt it. As long as there will be people like this, pups will be produced and sold to anyone, who is willing to pay. Sad, but true.