View Single Post
Old 21-12-2008, 09:07   #46
solowolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Olav View Post
Hi Sanna.

Yes, it's an odd situation. The Government accept the breed, The Kennel
Club does not.
very diffacult , but big step has been taken if now government except the breeds, in uk kennel club was ok as the breeds where recognised by FCI, but had to with draw my pedigrees because government would not ammend law, i hope it does not take as long as in uk, but our main form of fight was education to public, we put our dogs in magazines, papers, you may not be able to show dogs but there is no law that you can not take the dogs to outside of dog show area put up stand have your dogs and talk to people, let them see the dogs , get lots of people interested in breed, long hard education and promotion of the breeds will take you long way, you can set up meets in summer at local fairs, we have done all this and when you win the hearts of the people and get rid of the myths that seem to get attached to these breeds, you could also get letters from all breed clubs sent to kennel club for support, it is hard road and may take years rather than months but keep up the pressure and one day all will be o.k.,,, one issue i used and hit hard with was the alsation it is not much older than the saarloos but has wolf and was in 1908, i also had photo of Alsation wolfdog at uk kennel club show in 1932 owned by prince of wales,,,,,, i am not sure of this Swedish kennel club but if you have early photos of Alsations registered by kennel club these early dogs resembil the early CWS and can be used to question kennel club. one of our biggest hurdles to get through to Defra was that the CWS and Saarlloos are not the same as the wolfdogs in USA, for Defra was using most of its information from USA as there where no wolfdogs in uk. ...i wish you all the best in your fight for the breeds if you have big day to promote the CWS in Sweden i will bring some CWS and stand with you for support,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Pacino
solowolf jest offline   Reply With Quote