View Single Post
Old 17-02-2011, 12:49   #18
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
Once I talked 'privately" with a famous dog trainer, author of very good books about dog training, which some of you might have read /used. It was a private conversation so I don't think it'd be fair to provide his name. It's not really important because I've met several trainers who think like he does.

He admitted that my vlcak was the first of the breed he'd met that was not shy, was friendly and willing to work (BTW I don't mean that I think my dog is exceptional or particularly well trained , but rather that he'd met very few vlcaks )
But then he asked "Tell me, why didn't you get yourself a NICE dog?" At first I didn't understand - aren't CSVs really beautiful? But then he explained that by NICE he meant a dog that would look up to the owner and obey him blindly like a working GSD, the sort of "trainers' dream"

I've been thinking about this question for a few months now, and have several asnwers, eg.:
because 'partner-kind' of relationship with a dog is more important for me than her perfect obedience?
because I like challenges?
because I used to have a dog of the same breed before and missed the realtionship?
because life with a CSV is always interesting and never boring?
because of their warmheartedness and passion?
because CSVs keep our modesty at decent level?
because I'm a psychological masochist?
because of aesthetic impressions - watching my dog running, almost floating above the ground gives me almost sensuous pleasure?
because 'personality' of any CSV's is so unique? Once you meet a vlcak, play with him for a while, communicate... you cannot confuse him/her with any other vlcak?

Or maybe all of them together or some mix of them? What would be your answer? Why didn't you get yoursleves a really NICE dog?
hahahahahaaa
Yes, I can sign after every word of yours!
Had similar conversation with some experienced cynologists, judges Mentioned, that I am thinking about one more dog, small breed, maybe shiba inu. "WHY do you need such a CRAZY dog???" And the other judge says "She has a wolfdog..." Is it diagnosis or what?

And my answer to the last question is really this:
Well, my requirements for a dog are simple - dog has to be resistant to any weather conditions, no smell, no need to bath, to use cosmetics (for myself I use nearly none, so I do not want to use more for my dog ), healthy, high endurance, not too loud, self-confident, middle-sized. Kind of independent, a little chalenge. Good looking So I first was thinking about the dogs from 5th group - like malamuts, akitas, various laikas and my big secret love - shikoku, but finally I have wolfdog, because their attitude towards people - they love their people, thay want to be with them, you can let wolfdog off the leash with no doubts he will not loose you from his sight It is still a working breed, who likes to work, if the work is interesting enought

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote