View Single Post
Old 16-04-2007, 17:49   #23
Huan

Send a message via Skype™ to Huan Send Message via Gadu Gadu to Huan

For me the whole thing looks very suspicious for the following reasons:

1) Experienced breeder usually doesn't use a female with unknown origin like Alaska because the result of such breeding can be unpredictable

2) At least two puppies from Alaska are owned by Czech people. There's maybe a coincidence ... the puppies in Czech republic are many times cheaper than in Italy - buying these puppies would mean they had very high interest in them... because of what? Mother of unknown origin? Would they really buy a cat in the bag for such high price?

3) These two people were strong supporters of Mutaras - one even owns or owned one of them. After both clubs (Czech and Slovakian) banned registration of Mutaras the people who wanted to register them didn't give up. It was known that they are looking for other ways of including them in the breeding. It is also known that the people had good connections to Italian breeders and that many people predicted that Italy will be the next place where they will try again with Mutaras - there is no real control about what specific breeders can do and everyone can register dogs in LIR (entry registry).

4) there are explanations that Alaska is a female from an old Czech line. If this is true and the dog comes from Czech Republic then it should have tatoo number and if the dog doesn't appear in the wolfdog database then IT IS NOT CZECHOSLOVAKIAN WOLFDOG. In the database we have information about all registered old czechoslovakian wolfdogs.

I'm really interested what is true here and what's not. I don't want to make any judgements without knowing more from both sides but if it would confirm that Alaska is connected with Mutaras or is other wolfmix and not Czechoslovakian Wolfdog then I'm affraid that the mentioned breeder would be in big troubles. People responsible for using Mutaras or other mixes in breed should be prepared that if something like this gets to the public that they it means end of life for them as breeders of Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs. I'm not even saying about official ways but just the fact that such opinion of a "breeder breeding mixes and not purebred CzWs" would spread around Europe...