View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 12:33   #26
hanninadina

Send a message via Skype™ to hanninadina

Nice comments and discussion. From my point of view Prezemek you see it to small. Please compare the breed csw with other working breeds. How many real working lines you will find there?
And I think you cannot say only because dogs have IPO 3 (or IPO 2) that they are working lines. Saschia had a good example. If everything is compareable between dog X and Y from my point of view sure it could be a working line. I don´t make it on exams. The point is, a puppy buyer who gets an working dog will have easier problems with a lets called nervous dog because he is everytime looking at you and asking: ok, what we gonna do next? A family or only show dog will be more quiet. And that is the difference to make from my opinion.

And for a puppy buyer it is more easy to find out that he will get a working dog or a family/show dog when he sees that the working dog has passed exams.

Przemek, you cannot make it on Hasso only. You have to look at the females too. I think you know it better than me, that there are breeders who look for mating dogs where they know that they have working potential. Looking at your breed I see that you and Margo are looking more for "important" let us say old csw bloodlines and not for working lines. Now a days one can say maybe you founded a new working line, because of your first three litters there are at least 3 puppies with exams if I remember right.

And of course a dog who is doing obidience and agility well is too a working dog. I know lots of dogs who are not able to do agility for example even so they have experienced dog owners and they tried the same like me to do agility. They have no fun to do it. These means the working dog does working because he wants to do it and not because his handler the human being wants to do it. And this is the big difference! And therefore you don´t need to pass exams! As Saschia wrote, Frey would be able to work.

In germany there is no more a shot by passing the BH in part A - obidience - and B - social part -.

Sure I accept all your opinions. It is/was an interesting discussion. Thank you all for this.

christian
hanninadina jest offline   Reply With Quote