View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 12:54   #27
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

Christian I think that you are saying the same thing as Przemek but in different words. But:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanninadina
From my point of view Prezemek you see it to small. Please compare the breed csw with other working breeds. How many real working lines you will find there?
But our breed is very small compared to those typical working breeds as the German Shepherds or Malinois. If they have few real working lines, how can we have at least one, especially if we want to avoid inbreeding? I am not really competent in this field but it seems to me that at least GS have very different working and showing lines, but it is a very popular breed with loads of breeders and loads of people who consider them for work, and with loads of even official organizations which select dogs for working abilities very firmly (like police, custom, etc.).

The CsW were selected very firmly by army during their creation and I think this is the reason it was able to remain as a working breed after "changing hands" to civilists, when the exams were not required for breeding of an animal.
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote