View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 13:37   #30
massimo

Send a message via ICQ to massimo Send a message via MSN to massimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek
Yes. Fast example:
Asta z Tondova - 23 offsprings from which 5 has at least ZVV1 - it makes 5/23 = 21,74%
Quote:
And I mentioned 6 wolfdogs that were shy (and I mean really scared dogs not just less couriagous) - 6/34 = 17,64%. I bet that this percentage is also higher than in many other lines.
So we have theoretically a chance of 8% that the offspring of Hasso will have IPO and 17% that it will shy and will pass no exams
Ok let's stop playing with numbers, i know I started in the first place
Asta is an excellent example of what I mean, but I doubt you can find many many others...
The example of shyness i don't think fits because from all sons of Hasso you mention only 6 of the sons made with Cira Volani rodu, and i honestly wouldn't compare shyness (present in a EXTREEMLY HIGH percentage of CSW...) with an Ipo1..

Quote:
What I cannot deny is that usually a wolfdog with higher amount
Well that's the only thing I am trying to say.
If I wanted to work with a dog, I would surely take a pup from (or from a very near offspring of) one of these dogs:
Asta, Ajbix, Kelt, Argos, Hero, Hasso, Upstream...etc.
I wouldn't personally choose a son of others if that was my intention. Maybe your're right, maybe it's just a self-fulfilling prophecy, I want a working dog, i take a hypothetic working line, i work hard and i contribute to make a working line so.
it's a matter of choice.
I know what I would choose..and I surely know WHAT PARENTS i would NEVER CHOOSE if wanted to work with a csw....(I could make many examples ...)

Quote:
Don't we have equality of rights? What about females? Why do you say that the character is inherited only from the father side?
of course but obviously it's easier for a male to make more puppies in his lifespan than a female (in the list i mentioned before there are 3 females...)

Of course at the end Saschia's example is and must be considered, and is repeating the same as said both by Przemek and myself before: NO exams doesn't necessarily mean No good for working, just that exams is a proof that "no exams" cannot give, and also that a big contribution to so called working lines is given by the owners...