View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 18:47   #36
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

I'm open to most any accomodation - our dog travels well, and so far, enjoys most any place city or rural. She is a little wary of other dogs - not aggressive, but I'd rather know I was around people that knew how to control their dogs, and dogs that didn't mind wolfdog "play" - one can never tell what they will encounter in a dog park, anything from out of control pitbulls to timid toy poodles.

In Virginia, there are 5 general regions. The southeast (where I live), is very close to many beaches, there are some rural areas, but in those areas, there aren't many attractions, or accomodations. Northern VA (Alexandria) is urban sprawl through a good portion, there are plenty of attractions, and accomodations, driving is a headache, and offleash areas would probably be somewhat limited to dog parks. Central Virginia (around Richmond) is limited in attractions, there are plenty of hotels, and with research, could probably find offleash areas. The southwest part of Virginia is fairly rural, I'm not too sure about much else, because I've only ventured out that far once. Northwest Virginia (Wintergreen, Luray) has lots of mountains, lots of national parks, plenty of cabins, and some attractions - I'm not sure in terms of restaurants and hotels/motels.

A few questions: How will people travel (plane or car)? Would people prefer a rural or urban setting? What kind of accomodations would people prefer (hotel, motel, cabin, tent)? Again, we are very open, we will probably drive.

I'm really excited about this!

Marcy
GalomyOak jest offline   Reply With Quote