View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 13:20   #15
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkawolf1
For the last two years, I´ve met myself several people, who breed CSWs without caring to x-ray the parents, without paying any attention to choose the best crossing, without thinking about the future of the breed whatsoever. You can find dogs with dysplasia E/E, that are used in breeding. You can find dogs bonitated with result P14 (thus unbreedable) but happily used for producing puppies. You can find dogs resembling jackals, more than dogs or wolfdogs, but so what, it´s different type and we like it, says the breeder, and happily breeds!

Do you think, all these people care about the breed? I doubt it. As long as there will be people like this, pups will be produced and sold to anyone, who is willing to pay. Sad, but true.
Very, very sad I agree, one cannot X-ray people's brains to learn what they really intend when they buy a pup.

Another problem is ignorance. I personally know quite a few people, who are respectable and kind, who just cannot understand why anybody should buy pedigree dogs, with documents, known parents etc. They consider this to be snobish, racist and pretencious behaviour and condemn it, just like dog shows and herd books.

But to tell you the truth this IS a hard issue to explain, because on the one hand adopting/ buying a homeless pup or dog is a noble deed, but on the other - people should be encouraged to buy pedigree dogs from "safe" breeders.
For someone who doesn't know much about dogs, breeders (e.g. how to recognise a good, responsible breeder) all this is rather vague and hard to grasp. If the breeder is smart, he/she may easily bring the new or potantial owner round to all sort of strange ideas about dogs.
Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote