View Single Post
Old 29-09-2011, 11:15   #49
Tassle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaidd View Post
ok, lets put this to bed once and for all!

when I am out with my dogs many people ask what they are and i reply czechoslovakian wolfdogs the obvious next question is usually how come a wolf dog do they have wolf in them, I usually just smile and say yes originally they did but by the time i've explained a bit more they are glazed over and confused. Even my vet asked me if I knew of what % wolf genes would be left now? So I thought I'd ask on here, Ive followed the site a while but thought it was a valid ask!

I thought you only had one? Your answer can be the same as you have had on here - it is a breed of Dog. Hmm....bit of an odd question for a vet to ask? You might hope they knew more about genetics!!

Wether it be fun or not , I am so disturbed to find why one question is disected so much by 'wanna be ' experts!

Certainly not a wanna be expert, but I am always interested in furthering my knowledge.

From what you are saying, my dog is a german shepherd cross and the wolf part is of no importance?

I don't think anyone has said that? But if you are going down the route you are, then maybe it might be worth looking what makes up a GSD as well...

Perhaps I should have just registered them as german shepherd crosses and then I wouldnt have had such problems bringing my pets with me to the UK.

oh wait I see that some 'member' already advises people to do this giving advise to a student who asked how to bring his dog with him?
Tassle jest offline   Reply With Quote