View Single Post
Old 18-05-2011, 23:45   #22
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalomyOak View Post
Some of the foundation GSD blood, as I have read several times, came from a wolf in Karlsruhe...does this mean the GSDs of the early 1900's might have behaved...wolfy?
OT, but for a long time I did research on GSDs and wolfblood with a friend into GSDs who is very interested in this myth, and have not found anything to substantially support it at all. I have looked at the older versions of vS's book and found nothing, though I have yet to find access to the stud books. What sources are you drawing your information from, besides the one oft quoted yet unsubstantiated article by Dresselhus (which is also posted on your kennel site), who is a breeder of wolf and dog mixes?

Some people have said that Cita z Ps appears in both CsV (as F2) and GSD pedigrees, but I've yet to see proof it's the same bitch as well.

Personally, as long as I can't substantiate it, I would not repeat it because it seems to me to be a sort of 'justification' of the breed which may or may not be real, which I don't think is needed in either case. As long as it's as unprovable as a rumor, I'd let rumors alone.

Last edited by yukidomari; 18-05-2011 at 23:50.
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote