View Single Post
Old 20-04-2006, 12:26   #14
Rona
Distinguished Member

I genuinely admire Ela and her work with sick children but on seeing the photos I had some second thoughts and mixed feelings which I want to share with you.
The pictures are great but should some of them really be published on-line?

I'm afraid that after seeing the photos from the link provided, some stupid people will begin training their dogs to lick the backs, etc. and call themselves and their dogs therapists. If sufficiently irresponsible and unethical, they may even try to make money on this!

It's only my personal view, but I think one should be very cautious with publishing such pictures and select them carefully so they are not instructive, e.g. like the ones in the topic. Not only dogs and their owners are involved here (as in most pictures in the wolfdog gallery) but also helpless children and their sometimes desperate to help them parents.

It's nothing personal, Ela; you know I'm a great fan of Amber and Beti and wish them and you all the best. You're doing a really fantastic and pioneer job and evereybody appreciates it.
However, I belive it is better to be very careful. (even too careful) and anticipate the possible hazards BEFORE anything happens than to be sorry AFTER.
Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote