View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 11:18   #81
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanninadina View Post

Yuko, do you know Monika Soukupova, breeder z Molu Es of ccsw for 25 years? She is special judge, dog trainer pp. She told me last year during world dog show, that the stud book is still open. And so far I know the clubs in each countries are allowed to cross in a wolf, if they can expalin why it would be necessary for the breed.

Christian
Hi, thanks for your answer. I am familiar with the name you mentioned. But what you describe - clubs being able to outcross with consensus - is not an ' open stud book', at least, not how the term is used in the USA. EVERY national KC recognized breed club of any breed in the US can vote to accept outcrosses, essentially it means no breed has a closed stud book.

Open stud book as I understand means the KC accepts for registration dogs of unknown back ground, usually by phenotype, from a club or anyone without many exceptions. Usually it occurs at the foundation years of a breed.

By the way, the way you explain it, are clubs are ONLY allowed to cross in wolves as an outcross option?
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote