Thread: Poisoning
View Single Post
Old 15-06-2010, 08:57   #22
michaelundinaeichhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by koboldine View Post
So in your opinion it is unusual in certain parts of this world to mix several - sometimes according to EC norms "ancient" poisons - in order to harm animals?
Concerning the likelyness of any dog to seek for a shadowy place in that state they would most certainly do. But as I don´t know the garden of AMERICANI I assumed that there might have been none. I should not assume, you´re right.
I did understand that the dog escaped out of the yard.
The only poison that I know of without looking everything up that causes such a high temperature would have killed the dog by now.
If the dog would have get antibiotics and good other treatment an infection could have been solved quite soon.
I don´t think it will be found out what the reason was but Americani asked for possibilities and though one gets a different impression are infections more common then poisoning in such cases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by koboldine View Post
Well, the German Giftzentrale (toxicological emergency) is really really usefull! They do a really great job.
For humans there is the Centro Antiveleni, they deal mainly with substance which are known - e.g. one has eaten some fungi, you keep the rest and provide them with information, than they can help.

The way I´ve learnt it in Italy is that you ask the Corpo Forestale/Vet to send in a sample of the substance for analysis.
koboldine
Normally it should be possible to give a call and describe the symptoms to get a list of toxical possibilities.

Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote