View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 12:26   #18
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiva View Post
Well, some good news
So seems like Brukne is the first (?) wolfdog here to pass this test. We got a little yellow card with her and my name on it and finally can LEGALLY walk in Vilnius without a muzzle!!! It is such a relief and such a good feeling
Congratulations!

In fact Polish strict regulations are not strictly obeyed, i.e. an owner with dog on a leash in the street (without a muzzle!) or in a muzzle, but unleashed on a common meadow, in most cases would not be punished. Unless during short periods when there are 'anti-dog campaigns' after somebody had been bitten by a dog and the case was raised in media.

However, what irittates me personally is the language used in notices in public places rooted in the old communist times, when a citizen was treated lika a naughty child, not a responsible adult person:

Words: "forbidden", "not allowed", "will be punished" etc. are the core of such notices!!!

Just compare a very kind, rational and I suppose, more effective, notice in St. James's Park, London:

Maybe time has come to change not only the stupid regulations, but also the language which reflects the relationship between citizens (including dog owners!) and the authorities?

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote