View Single Post
Old 15-07-2011, 09:30   #9
michaelundinaeichhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by André View Post
Thanks!
SAR dogs owners please reply to this thread

(the dog certificate link doesn't work)
Well, two of my own dogs have exams (not titles) in trailing and some more dogs out of our kennel. One out of our kennel has done an air scenting exam, one was in an avalanche squad but didn´t continue there due to privat reasons of it´s owner (the dog did very well). But only one of my own dogs and two more dogs out of our kennel have been really working till now.
That they are all out of our kennel simply belongs to the fact that there was an active group of owners that worked in this.
At the moment there are two od Uhoste dogs in my training group that do very well and as far as I know Mijke is also in rescue work and I am sure there are more, I simply don´t know them.

But I am no fan of SAR been done for sports, rescue work is something serious nothing for titels. If you are looking for something to work your dog that it likes it´s fine for me, to do it for gaining titles is from my personal point of view not the right thing. You can do trailing for fun without problems but you should also know it is extremely time consuming - and no titel in the end, just the fun of it.

Regards
Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote