View Single Post
Old 19-04-2007, 16:13   #4
michaelundinaeichhorn

Hello Susanna,

although this is off topic it seems reasonable to give my opinion on your assumption why we are not using Farouk anymore.
It should be far too unidimensional for a breeder to think in terms like for example "not like or like".
By the way, where do you have your assumption from?
So let's come back to facts. We have 17 puppies after Farouk in Germany, that's enough for the moment. I don't want a stud-dog bottleneck population. Besides that there are 47 puppies after Last Navarre, 8 after Big Wakan and 4 after Like. That makes all in all 76 puppies after stud dogs with the same parents....
Don't you think that's enough in both of the countries?
I for myself came to the conclusion that this is enough.
Believe me, it's much easier and cheaper to take my own stud dog instead of travelling to Florence or Slovakia.
Coming to the x-ray results of Farouk's offspring, 7 out of 17 dogs are officially evaluated. Although 6 are HD-A and one is unfortunately HD-D, I want at least 3/4 of his offspring x-rayed.
This is only my humble opinion.
Sorry for my off topic statement, but I felt obliged to clarify Susanna's assumption why we don't use Farouk anymore.
Before I forget it, Farouk is a wonderful dog and has produced some beautiful puppies.

Ciao,

Michael
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote