View Single Post
Old 20-04-2007, 23:48   #17
Huan

Send a message via Skype™ to Huan Send Message via Gadu Gadu to Huan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monika
I promis you, this is last "story" from me to this discussion I don´t have time and some disccssions are really lost time.
No problem if you feel comfortable that way. It's your choice to discuss or not.

But I would like to add my two cents to the discussion. I agree that the length of coat does have influence on working abilities. We should not compare briards or collies with CzWs which should be able to run for 100km at once. The breeds you mentioned are mostly guarding or herding dogs and none of the mentioned breeds did undergo such extreme endurance tests as CzWs. And even then there is a division of working and show types in for example border collies. Working ones have short coat. Another example are German Shepherds: the longhaired GSD are being disqualified for specific reason - there are tons of articles where you can read why longhaired GSDs are worser workers. I would like to see chodsky pes running for 100km with similar results as typical CzWs.

I'm not talking about CzW being naked breed I want to say that we should keep moderation in everything. Longer coat looks nice, such dogs usually have higher chances to win on shows. But there is a border when the longer coat becomes untypical for this breed. The breed standard says "in body shape, movement, coat texture, colour of coat and mask, similar to the wolf.". When I look at some CzWs will longer coat as Agar Reolup or shorter as Amber I see still a coat similar to wolf but when I see the dogs in the photos then there is no wolf but collies or long-haired GSDs. We should divide the coat into shorter CzW coar, longer CzW coat and long-haired colie like coat. And only the last one is untypical (the same as naked CzWs ). By the way: I saw Agar Reolup a few times and his coat has nothing common with the dogs in the photos.

However at the same time I am ready to agree that the long hair is not the biggest problem in our breed. Much bigger problem are too heavy, unhealthy (very often with HD problems) dogs. But we should not forget about one problem because of another. Breeders should pay attention to all aspects and not breed only looking at long coat.because they can forget about other things.

I know I'm also demagic. After all I know demagogic Pavel and demagogic Margo