View Single Post
Old 18-07-2008, 11:35   #59
massimo

Send a message via ICQ to massimo Send a message via MSN to massimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by krala View Post
Hi everybody!

It is great to see people interested in this subject. I certainly love my dog and would not change her for any other. And because I love her so much, it makes my heart brake when I see her falling down when she runs or tries to turn. And this is why I am so mad on these irresponsible breeders. They have all the information they need, there is no excuse. Is there nothing we can do to stop these bad crossings??

Ioana
Hello Ioana,
what you write makes MY heart brake.
The dog you are speaking about is ULKA?
Do you know if Chester and Xenia have HD results?
Unfortunately NOBODY can oblige breeders to breed responsibly.... OWNERS can FORCE them to make quality, to work in the best direction.
If the parents have no HD results, then I would NOT buy a dog from a Breeder knowing that this dog could have some problems.
I'm not blaming you of course, but only by sharing information like this, on this forum, it is possible to reduce risk.
I could make many examples and unfortunately I could hurt many friends.
I can tell you what I did!
I made HD results for my dog, she was dysplasic and I made the results OFFICIAL, so everybody can see.
So, people, if they look for information, they will see that the parents of my dog have made dysplasic dogs...it's not something mathematical unfortunately (dysplasy is not perfectly genetical) but it could help.
Only OWNERS can oblige BREEDERS to work better by NOT BUYING dogs from them.
Massimo