View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 01:56   #3
slarman

Hi,
I guess the wolfdog is subject to the same hysteria that has grown out of the fear and smear campaigns surrounding the Pit Bull and Bull-type dogs.I have an American Bulldog and know several Staffordshire owners who have been abused for owning "dangerous Dogs",some dogs have even been kicked for walking too close to a persons dog! One story that happened to me was when I was walking my dog he approached a group of people,who he gets treats from,they own small dogs who are not scared of my dog.Well a young Labrador came up and the littles dogs attacked the lab,my dog reacted by joining the chase,but was not being aggro,however one of the little dog owners began to scream and kick at my dog yelling"Get Jas away he's the dangerous one",I got Jas,put him on lead and as I walked away I looked at the owner of the Labrador,who smiled and said"It's okay,it's their fault" and I walked out of the park.I didn't take Jas back for 3 weeks and everyone who knows me and Jas said they missed us-cos Jas is the life of the party.
Peoples perceptions of certain dog breeds will never change or will be manipulated by stories,myths,legends and the media in particular are guilty of exaggerating things the only thing we,as rare breed owners can do is ensure our personal dogs behave BETTER than the other dogs around us and when given the opportunity show that it is not our dog that is the problem,but societies attitudes that are.
Simon
slarman jest offline   Reply With Quote