View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 19:16   #12
Mirkawolf

Send a message via ICQ to Mirkawolf Send a message via Skype™ to Mirkawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfin
Hi all,
I looked at the pics and I also believe to see traits of the 'Wolfdog'.
I think this was the original question.
Very true. We do not discuss here change of name of the breed, but the crazy Italian guy, who sells false wolf calendars with pictures of Czechoslovakian wolfdogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfin
But why on earth would anyone who purchases a Wolfdog, Czech or otherwise, want to obscure what kind of dog they have?? I have a female of 8yrs and a male of 7yrs and when people ask me, I tell them what breed it is; personally I don't give a rats ass about what people think what kind of dog I have; important is, how I think about this breed and how I get along with my Czech. Wolfdogs!! Most of Europe accepts this breed, so please, stand by your Wolfdogs!
Here I agree with you too. I bought two Czechoslovakian wolfdogs, I am a breeder myself, and I keep on presenting them as Czechoslovakian wolfdogs. Anyone who asks me, gonna get real answer - yes, this is Czechoslovakian wolfdog, no husky, no German shepherd, no malamute, no cross.. I am proud for the breed from my country of origin and as such I will present it. If somebody does not like it, his problem.

In Czech language, we call them Ceskoslovensky vlcak. Not everyone is able to say that. That´s why in other languages they are wolfdogs, chien-loups, cane lupo etc. If UK has a problem with calling CSW´s wolfdogs, well, they can change the name over there. In CR we are proud to have wolfdogs and we gonna keep their name as it is! Btw, Czech word "vlcak" means also wolfdog .. just in Czech republic "vlcak" are very often called all German shepherds too. Maybe that´s why people do not jump up to tree branches, when meeting CSW.

In Czech republic, other breeds than CSW´s are considered as "dangerous". Those are for example rotweilers, dobermans, pitbulls, bullteriers but also akita inu, tosa inu and others. At the same time, the annual statistics show, that most bites people received by German shepherds and tekkels! But of course, those are not "dangerous" breeds and never will be. So it is all just about the owners of the dogs, as usual.

Mirka
Mirkawolf jest offline   Reply With Quote