View Single Post
Old 13-01-2011, 09:42   #25
michaelundinaeichhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijke View Post
And for example because of not testing for Dwarfism, not sharing test info, till today dwarfs are born. (and because dwarfism also can cause very small litters, dead born pups, puppy dead in first week, there maybe are a lot more dwarfism genes in the population)
As you wrote, this is not because of not publishing named results in an open forum but due to not testing and not sharing results. As you know did we share the results of Farouk but I am not happy when he is named negative in the forum by his breeder, as it is of no use for the breed if his brothers come to get more used just because he is negative and that is the reaction many people show. It is a stupid reaction but it is the reaction experience shows. As long as there are only few dogs tested and you don´t have to test to breed, there will be breeders that don´t test because they are afraid to get problems and be blamed for using a carrier at all, we have already had this situation in this forum. And there will be also the effect that people will select their dogs for only one gene-test even if they don´t plan to breed.

The case I mentioned was the only breeder in his country with tested dogs, he mated DM/N with N/N and was blamed by the regional wolfdog club (with no tested dogs) for using them, this club plans to only use N/N dogs.

I wouldn´t have get the support of the Slovakian Club and wouldn´t get blood from Hungary if I would name the results of anybody in this forum.

The time to publish is when there is the main population of breeding dogs tested and the Clubs request testing.

Our actual litter is of dogs that are tested and we wouldn´t mate with or to an untested dog, we even pay the test for the stud dog if costs are a problem but we will not publish named results.
As I wrote before it depends to the owner, not to the breeder and not to the owners of a website.

Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote