Thread: Male or female?
View Single Post
Old 21-07-2010, 15:42   #12
Enid Black

Uhm... I write in this topic even if after a month and a half. I am a Newbie and my partner and I decided to take a female. My partner would be strong enough to handle a big male, but I am quite small and surely physical strenght isn't one of my quality (while I am very stubborn and mentally strong). I had occasion, anyway, to observe a lot of wolfdogs together at a meeting last march. Males made a lot of noise, they barked at each other and were showing off a lot. Females were more quite. And the few dogs allowed inside the canteen were females (which I saw laying comfortably under the owner's chair not moving for the whole dinner, occasionally taking a caress from people but never food). Besides a lot of people told me that the females are sweeter to humans.

There were even a couple of puppies, two young females not even 3 months old. Well, they growled to the adult males O.O... I appreciated the sweetness of the adult males with the puppies.

Anyway we'll start with a female and then my partner desires a Male, so I think I'll have to train my muscles with the female in order to be ready to handle the male too (I work at home, I am the one who will take her out during the day) .

Anyway it depends a lot on the character of the dog. I just can say that other owners tried to scary me off but they failed ...
Enid Black jest offline   Reply With Quote