View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 18:52   #2
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo View Post
For all of you who fear, like me, that this could cause serious issues, are you ready to subscribe to a worldwide action?
I was thinking of asking all clubs to request FCI to make some investigations, to oblige some breeders to make DNA tests (paternity) by taking blood samples directly.
If these breeders do not agree...they should be prevented from breeding again.
I am in the US now and because the American club isn't a regular FCI participant, I don't know how much influence people in the US would have by petitioning the FCI. But I think that owners and enthusiasts in the US should really try to look into asking the AKC-FSS to stop approaching this breed with an open stud book because of the possibility and likelihood of outcrosses and fake pedigrees. The stud book has been technically closed since the last outcross decades ago, so there really isn't a reason why the AKC should be the only club left that explicitly accepts a dog which simply looks roughly like a CsV. For the US, this is probably the most important step next to DNA testing of all parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo View Post
why should honest breeders work for years and years to obtain small but significant results when others just use a mix or a real wolf, pretend the father is somebody else, mix these again and obtain results which are amazing, I admit, but fake?
To me these 'results' are atypical, the shepherd mixes and most of all the American wolf mixes. They look 'wolfy' but they don't look like CsV type. There is a huge difference. 'Good results' in a breed must not only be physical/exterior type but also temperament and development, and the ability to recreate these traits in future generations. Dogs from false pedigrees can claim none of that, and so-called 'breeders' of these dogs are probably the same that think that winning in a dog show makes a dog breeding material. They contribute nothing to the breed en large and I doubt care much about the breed known as Czechoslovakian Vlcak and its history.

For whatever reason, why can't people making false pedigrees go and make their own breed, like the American club and the 'American Akita'?
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote