View Single Post
Old 16-07-2011, 11:25   #14
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
I'm very sceptiacl about institutional steps, too much red tape involved and too many personal interdependencies present. IMHO there are three driving forces that can change the world: fame, sex and money.

Continuous warnings about not buying CSV with possibly faked pedigrees, not only on wd, but also on other dog sites, articles in kynological press with names of the 'suspected dogs', petitions to FCI judges, etc. in my opinion would be much more efficient.
The FCI judge MUST judge ALL dogs in the ring after the standard, EVEN if the dog might not be pure...

Quote:
Such and similar steps might result in a decrease in the number of puppies sold in some kennels (money?), in fewer if any, requests for some stud matchings (sex and money? ), fewer titles at shows (fame and money?).

Eventually, this would create such financial pressure that breeders who would want to keep on the market will have to prove their reliablity by storing DNA profiles of their dogs in Laboklin, OFFA or some other respected lab, so that any potential owner/breeder could use them for genetic comparisons.
No, we first need to MAP the breed and make a pure breed test, after that we can test just ONE dog against the MAP = CsV pure gene pool and say if that dog is pure or not, if more than 4 wolves = not pure, if other DNA than from the original GSD = not pure...

And it need to be obligatory for breeding / taken whit DNA swab and sent to lab by the Bonitation committee in the countrys where there is Bonitations... In others it can be sent to the same lab from a veterinarian... ( And yes, some still going to find a way to fake it, but than it will be very very clear that it is illigal )

On suspected fake pedigreeĀ“s one can do a Swap at any dog show and send it to the lab, if the owner do not let a club representant Swap the dog, the dog end up on a (suspected) list = Did not let us do a random Swop list...

Quote:
Just looking at the recent furious reaction of Furyos I suppose such business pressure might be quite effective.
I do not know about that, as they are even exporting them
And some owners and even breeders are not sure they have a 100% pure dog or not... AND they are asking for a test, but there is not one yet...

But yes, all of this is not as easy as it sounds

But if Check, Slovak and Italy do it, very soon many more will folow, Sweden and Belgium already has obligatory DNA test for breeding, but not yet a Pure breed test to test it againt, we only test against the parents, so whit a future pure breed test it will cost much less

Best regards / Mikael