View Single Post
Old 13-12-2012, 07:19   #3
Tigerstripe40

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukidomari View Post
Hi, Zaz is a dog somewhat familiar on another forum, Galomy Oak Botolf. From knowing other Vlcak who lived/were living with cats (as with basically all other dogs), you have four scenarios:

- Vlcak learns to leave cat alone
- Vlcak learns to be gentle and play to the cat's level
- Vlcak likes to 'play' with the cat (bully it, mostly) with the opportunity rises, but wouldn't seriously hurt it otherwise (sort of like living with a small breed dog and a vlcak)
- It's not safe to keep Vlcak around cat, they must be separated.

In all circumstances I think it basically comes down to management..... I think there is no 'fair' way to cull an animal's inherent prey drive especially if you ever consider leaving the animals alone together unsupervised. Depending on the excitement level, you can very strongly enforce a 'leave it' and go from there...
Zaz came from Galomy Oaks.

He's not very good about listening to commands when he doesn't want to (especially when you don't have a treat in your hand). I suppose that when hes in the house with the cat at the same time, I should keep some treats in my pocket so that if there IS an altercation, I holler 'leave it!' and pull out a treat?
Tigerstripe40 jest offline   Reply With Quote