View Single Post
Old 28-05-2010, 03:00   #2
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

I will post here what I posted on Polish Forum, as there was no replies at all, so I will consider that it confirmed the rumors I listened, that Wilk is death.

This were a topic I opened in English forum, after see that Shaluka opened a topic about Milo's Birthday:
Someone may ask here why does people had such interest in Wilk while before Shaluka "save his life" nobody cared for him, its simple, mostly of owners and breeders does not knew about his existence before this topic and only because that no one talked or searched about him before.
I know little bit about Rodomir as I have dog from him, I have a small idea about the condition that his dogs lives because I had pick up my dog personaly with him, as a breeder I know something about the lines of his dogs and have my own toughs about it.

As everyone knows already, Wilk is a very close inbreeded dog, I mean here that he is not only a mere "inbreeding in Iran", if we does not consider the genetical diference between full brothers as Hexa and Ciba Zemplinska Oblast' are, and threat the full brothers like one dog only, Hron will be also a mate between two half brothers like Wilk in first sight.
Wilk is a inbreed between half brothers having his father already coming from a inbreed, he is more close than a common half brothers mate.
Also his bloodline is not such common in CzW breeding being very interesting to be used.

Its not new that CzW have a very small genetic pool, also that closing lines in inbreeding will set good characters as bad ones, principaly when we remember about poligenic recessive traits that can simply pop in inbreeded litters, traits that can increase the number of unviable fetus and then cause a small number of pups born as well as weak pups and defectives, that often comes to die within the first days.

The conditions of Rodomir kennels would not allow weak or defective pups to survive long time and it also can explain why some of his litters were such small, if Wilk had such problems surely he would not have survived living at such conditions, looking at the first photo of this topic we have a young dog, I would bet about 7 months, so that means his pup and youth time were passed with Rodomir.

That makes Wilk such special and interesting dog, he is not only a inbreeding in a not common line as he had almost survived at what we could call "natural selection", something that some pressupposed healty litters would not be able to survive.
Surely Wilk would be a interesting dog to be used in breeding after we check his hips and elbows results, as inbreeding in not common line, with such wolfish appearence he could be used for open and refreash the line of some dogs in almost outcrossings, without such huge loss of wolfish characteristics, what we can say that's pretty common to happen sometimes.

When I saw this topic I were so happy that Wilk had fall in the hands of one breeder, even if he does not have pedigree, for me it would not be difficult to get as the rules of our club are different, and with DNA test and the pedigree of the mother I would be able to do his pedigree as if he were born here, I talked with Shaluka by Skype saying her about this possibility, I received a nice reply that what she most cares for was Wilk happiness and finally a decent definitive home for him, where he could have a good life and peace, pedigree does not matter, maybe in future tough about it, I found it a nice attitud.

To my amazement reading Polish forum for traine the language, I discouvered months after it that he has been donate to someone else, a policeman, no photos, no datas, I asked for Daiva the number of the new owner, as she had received it in private, I tried to phone and nothing.
Reading her blog and reading better this forum I understood that the main problem was how dagerous Wilk could be for her incoming child also about lack of time for work with him, but while she was giving up on Wilk she were bringing Kala, a new dog?!
A spark of memorie makes me remind when I asked her about the character of Wilk, about possible problems and the reply I received was something like "I'm also behaviourist", how could a behaviourist give up a problematic dog because it was supposed a danger for her child?

Reading a italian forum I saw he being called Hamlet, well to tell the truth I get really chocked after it, I've read the rules for make the pure breed certified in Italy, and seems its such a work for who does not live there, that make it looks like if as it was not possible to make the pedigree in a easy way, she give up and so discarded the dog with someone else, disappearig with him.

I already followed several cases of adopted addult dogs that few months after the adoption disappeared, mostly of them soon we discouvered were put for sleep by the pressupposed "new owner" or simply were abandoned in somewhere, unfortunately, for all I can read seems that the history repeated, but this time we lost a dog wich could contribute for the breed.
Its even funny because I've also heard rumors about Wilk had been put for sleep, but are only rumors still.

Today I discouvered that after Shaluka had someone else interested in adopt Wilk if she choices to not stay with him, looks like she choice to addopt him, I wonder, why? For disappear with him, maybe kill him?
I wonder if had people ever though about the fact, that this dog had survived all this way for someone with child tough play with his life, show itself as "hero" in a public forum and after end with him, at least it looks like it.

Sorry, but it does not make sense at all, but for me it shows a more deep problem... you're not an "mere" owner, but a breeder.

Shaluka, you were not able to solve the problem of Wilk and disappeared with him with such weak excuse, as breeder you should keep in mind that you're responsible for every dog you put in this world, and that its not rare owners not be able to keep a more difficult animals and give it back to the breeder when they're addult and really problematic because of some mistakes made by them, what would you do? give up on this addult problematic dog because it could be a dangerous for your child? because you have no time? maybe put him for sleep and simply dont give any news about him for who're interested, after all, such news would burn your reputation as breeder, right? So better hides the face in the sand like a Ostrich and let all pass.

But I also wonder how could you as breeder does not have idea about genetic, selection and the line of the breed you supposedly breed at the point to simply disappear with a dog like Wilk? Maybe you were so selfish that simpy forget that other people could be interested in use Wilk futurely.

You had no time so give up a dog while pick up another two.
You fear for a possible accident with an "problematic dog" while you breeding.
Its almost a paradox
Sorry, but dogs are not toys.