View Single Post
Old 18-11-2006, 02:50   #10
solowolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkawolf1
No, the rules did not change and there is definatelly no exception.

This is how DEFRA requires to keep (licensed) wolfdogs:

Quote:
5.2 Standard conditions applied to licences:
(Section 1, subsection 6 (a)-(d))
· the animal(s) shall be kept by no other person than the licensee.
· the animal(s) shall be kept at the licensed premises and shall only be moved in such
circumstances as are specified in the licence.
Clearly, nobody will apply to get a license for his CSW, for the time of vacation or short-termed stay. And no one, in his clear mind, would want to keep CSW permanently in cage or small enclosure for all his life, to satisfy DEFRA´s requirements.
Of all things, I believe that surrending to DEFRA and applying for "wild animal license" for a pedigree dog, such as CSW, would be only supporting their misunderstanding of these dogs.

The whole document about keeping wolfdogs (wolf-hybrids, as DEFRA sees it) can be read here:
http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-cou...s/wolfdogs.pdf
hi i have spoken to defra and they admit not one person that works for them has even seen a czechoslovakian wolfdog, my CSWS travell to and from europe all the time, in october this year i left u.k with my bitch on the pasport, had her mated in Holland and returned to the u.k, there are 14 czechoslovakian wolfdogs in uk all bred by my wife and i NO DOGS IN U.K HAVE LICENSE AND THEY NEVER WILL our fight to get the breed recognised will never stop they are a bred of dog and they will not be kept like dangerous wild animals ///// if you are bringing your csw to u.k email me on czechwolf@btinternet or phone 001233758329 my csws have been in uk for nearly 5 yrs we have bred 2 litters and they are here to stay.....best regards paul winder u.k
solowolf jest offline   Reply With Quote