View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 05:22   #2
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

Yep! I'm training with a local AKC tracking club (with an AKC judge, at that), and eagerly looking forward to getting our certification to go to a trial! Everyone has been impressed with the working style and drive of Bongo and Anthea (even though Bongo has been classifed "deer poop happy")

I think AKC felt obliged to admit the "rest of the breeds" once they started the program for mixed-breeds - obviously, we weren't going to spay/neuter our dogs to meet the requirements for that program, so effectively, we were the only owners who had paid our dues and couldn't do anything in the AKC.

Incidentally, I think the lady who originally got the breed admitted for FSS recording submitted a standard way back then. Sadly, she no longer has her dog - she said it wasn't an appropriate breed for her family, and warned against breeding in the US when I had contact with her (she was not originally from the US, but immigrated here).

On a side note, Vicky - one of my little boys will be headed to live in Chicago next weekend.

Marcy