View Single Post
Old 23-01-2013, 01:28   #53
Tana

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn View Post
You mix up a lot of different things here.

CSW are dogs not hybrids, they were selected for dog behaviour, those with wolfbehaviour were killed in the past and still get sorted out to some amount by the bonitation. Dogs are our only animals that have the genetic imprinted need to bond to humans and that see humans as their main pack - this was a selection done over at least 15 000 years. No matter if you raise them indoors or outdoors there are very few dogs that are able to survive alone in the wild. The only way to survive in a wolf pack as an adult is to be one of the founders. We raised several European wolves, they took our adults as pack leaders till they got mature themselves, we had to take the dogs out then, even the dogs that don´t live in the house and lived within the pack with wolves they raised. They simply don´t have the wolves mentally and bodily strength. We also took two CSW-puppies and put them in the pack together with Wolf Cubs of the same age. With about 4-5 month of age we took them out, through the whole time they stayed dogs and till today they live as dogs.

First they are not healthier but in the oposite get less old, due to the harsher conditions and as a vet with a long experience I will not discuss here. Less health comes from wrong selection, evolution doesn´t work for pets as the evolutionary process for pets is made by humans not by nature.

How you keep your dogs is you personal decision and this is the only way I agree, apart from this our dogs are not allowed in every room of the house so don´t worry about our guests and wolfdogs don´t smell as GSH do if you don´t keep them in dirty kennels. But my dogs are all working dogs in the true sense of the meaning, they search missed persons all day long several days in row if necessary or they play in movies.
Again if you think a wolfpack is the same as a dog pack you need to do a lot more research and I would recommend science studies instead of some documentaries in television.

Ina
Ina (michaelundinaeichhorn ) sorry your name is too difficult to write, so i used copy-paste. So Ina with what you said i can agree, i have respect for your work and such work , made me proud to have myself a little wolfdog. But i still not agree to keep such a big dog in a small house like we have, where are also childrens. Is not german shepherd but is still hair in the air and dog smell , this is the truth and we do not agree with such things in our house, not even the childrens. I am sorry the reality is not like in some tv movies with dogs and childrens )You can keep a very good relation with your dogs even if they live outside, of course that a dog pack is not so harsh like an wolf pack, but inside this dog pack are many good rules for a puppy, like the respect for the oldest and the guardian behaviour. Also i am sure , just watching them, that they live more happy playing with each other in the dog way, than living inside where are a lot of restrictions. In your house maybe are few, in mine are many because is smaller and we are many. Is what i said. No man can replace another dog when is about playing or teaching another puppy how to behave in a dog pack. In my little girl's pack is a kind of solidarity wich is not like human friendship with a dog. If you have many dogs and you are vet you understand this.This kind of life in a dog pack is very good for my small wolfdog, nobody can replace the experience and the life lessons from the older dog.Why to say that an owner of wolfdog can't understand his dog just because he live outside? My house is not big, but my yard i think is large enough.I am sorry is not bigger but is inside a town, not in the country side.The bond can be, no matter where your wolfdog live. Is such a falsity to pretend you are in the same pack only because you sleep with your wolfdog in the bed. Hahaha. Of course they are family outside too. A real wolf or dog pack anyway is far away from human rules is what i said and what you wrote confirm this is the truth. Even if you own a dog pack, i think you do not need to sleep with a wolfdog in house to have a bond with him. Is enough to understand him.Is not that i know everything, of course i have many things to learn, i am eager to know new things, but only when you keep a good sense of reality. As i admire and i respect wolves, i think is better to keep my wolfdog near her ancestors path, is just my oppinion. You want to say that wolf traits in a wolfdog are a bad thing? Well i admire the wolf trait in a wolfdog.I wonder why many breeders want to keep that trait in him?!Finally, if that guy, in that documentary about wolves, was able to establish a bond with a free wolf, a kind of bond that shows respect for their way to be, an owner can do the same with his wolfdog no matter where he live. Also are many good working dogs, including german shepherds from working line, who live only in large pens or in paddocks. And why some think that this dog is not good like a guardian one and i should buy another one?If can be a rescue dog and i admire such dogs, why a wolfdog can't be a guardian dog ?!I have an open mind to learn other things, but you all must understand another oppinion very different from your mentality, that living with an wolfdog inside is simply not our way to be and never will be. Like me are others, just we have this way to understand the life, where the dog has his place and the human another one and we are not bad owners of dogs for that. Hahaha. If i tell to my aunt who is the owner of a rottweiller puppy that she must sleep with his dog in the house or in the bed, because some guys on a forum think like that and are used to do such thing with their own dog, she will die of laughting ) Ah and my aunt is more than 60 years old hahaha That can be such a good joke for 1 april to tell her that she is not a good owner and the animal protection will take his dog, only because she did not slept in bed with his rotty during winter hahaha. I must be a little tasmanian devil like she wolf Tana and try this)
Tana jest offline   Reply With Quote