View Single Post
Old 17-11-2010, 02:02   #2
buidelwolf

Hello Mikael,

Quote:
I can not find how I got that number, but I think it was elf´s tool and a middle age calculation when we did try to find official HD statistic in start of 2009.
I think you are probably right regarding the number of about 7500 Csv's living today. If you use the statistic tool of Elf and you search on for example "displaying cvs's with highest COI, born after 1-1-2000, display first 10.000", than the tool displays: 7657 dogs. click here . Important to know that the tool does not count the dogs born in the year 2010, because the tool was updated until the year 2009. That will be a few hundred to date. Moreover, measured from the year 2000, a number of dogs that are not in the database of Wolfdog has to be counted. (Elf's statistic tool namely uses the data of Wolfdog). Let's say together a total of around 9.000, born between 1-1-2000 and today. This number minus the now (prematurely) died dogs, will bring the estimated number of 7.500 closer to reality than 5.000. As we know, stillborn puppies or puppies which die within one week, are not raised on wolfdog by the breeders, so these do therefore not count in the numbers, listed in Elf's tool.

Just a small digression on the initial topic...

Last edited by buidelwolf; 17-11-2010 at 02:09.
buidelwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote