View Single Post
Old 21-02-2012, 14:06   #38
Rush

If i already wrote before, let me ask you guys a question.. What efficient methods do you use to stop czw from showing agressivness towards other dogs? As i noticed it doesn't do it only to males but doesn't really matter. He will just normally accept some dogs, and will make agressive body language towards other and start jumping to get to them. Food or such things in that cases dont help much, i am using psychical methods, which i know you will say it is not good for wolfdog and may connect it to other dogs(I do hit him with my fingers in his neck when he starts to snarl/go mad..) Not so much that he would feel pain or anything, just to change his "state of mind", it usually works good, but as soon as this "agression" is too powerful, even that doesn't work.. Also i don't think he would want to attack a dog, he never did any harm to anyone. And as breeder told me, he would usually do that when other dog barks or snarls at him, and in most cases this is true, but sometimes he starts. Also in many cases i do stop it pretty easly but not always as i said when his will for that is too powerful.

I would love some tips and you opinions to see what else i can try. I was reading about it and was trying many things. He also was socialized since i got him, he was playing with many dogs and he still does with those i can let him..

P.S. In other aspects he is really great, pretty obidient, he never runs away on it's own when off leash, excapt some prey drive, but he comes back sooner then half a minute usually. Also he is great towards people, excapt kids which he is afraid off and may show agressivness when approched to czw, becouse i did not have a chance to socialize him with kids, don't have any, and you can't say a friend or neighbour to borrow you a kid to train a wolfdog :-)

Thanks!
Rush jest offline   Reply With Quote