View Single Post
Old 28-01-2018, 22:54   #5
Gypsy Wolf

As an Ethologist (someone who studies animal behavior in the animal's environment rather than a laboratory) & longtime dog trainer I do not ever recommend dogs & children together unsupervised. Children have body language & behaviors that can create fear & defensive behavior in dogs. I will say that, in my experience, CsVs are generally cautious when it comes to biting - they generally avoid conflict (which makes sense - Mother Nature says "run away today & live to fight another day" - any fight needs to be worth dying for as even a small injury can get infected & kill it's host). In the wild, wolves love puppies - the whole pack is involved in the rearing of pups. Studies show pups secrete hormones that stimulate the production of oxytocin (the "love hormone") in adult pack members so I would not be surprised to find out human infants do the same. I would actually be less worried to have a youngster interact with a CsV than with other breeds. I always advocate supervision of course - it is not fair to expect ANY animal be tolerant of abusive behavior - but in my own experience CsVs tend to be good around polite little ones.
~Sara
Gypsy Wolf jest offline   Reply With Quote