Thread: Sarah Palin
View Single Post
Old 21-09-2008, 18:12   #15
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolf View Post
Scandinavian gomerments is maybe the worst when it comes to wolves, in Sweden all wolves(about 10-13 wolves) are from same line and can therefor only make inbreeding in the future and the Swedish goverment do not allow new blood to enter sweden because of their strict rules of vaccination, so in time this population will die.... surly !

In Norway they still kill wolves, even that they have a small population(less than , so in time this will cause inbreeding too and the population will die.... surly !

In Denmark our ancestors killed all predatory animals bigger than foxes many years ago..... now foxes is being killed in big numbers too.

Sheeps and other prey for the wolves can easily be protected with various breeds of dogs.... there is NO excuse for killing wolves in Scandinavia !!!

Sorry but I don`t know much about wolves in Finland ?

Rolf
In Sweden there are about 200 wolves and 15 litter was born 2005/2006.
Totaly 130 wolf puppys and alsow one in norway.

over 1´500´000 euro has been collected in sweden to protect the wolves in scandinavia, partley throug the project SCANULV.
I think alsow we have imported russian wolfblood ?

All farmers that lose a animal will get 100% compensensation, but the hunters will get 0 %, that might be a problem...

And nobody will get money to protect animals from wolves...yet

I think in Sweden we do much to save the wolf, but I agree more can be done.

Regards / Mikael