View Single Post
Old 16-04-2007, 09:55   #48
massimo

Send a message via ICQ to massimo Send a message via MSN to massimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkawolf1
And guys, was not this all a bit off topic?
Just some comments about this short off topic.

Hip x rays, Bonitations, pedigrees, working exams.
They are all very important for the breed but an INTELLIGENT and SERIOUS person judges not only by the paper he sees but by the real facts which accompany a dog and an owner.
If you do not trust an xray made in poland or a bonitation made in Italy or a working exam made in slovakia you are of course free to do it.
From one point of view all exams and certificates and beauty results should be a very importatn reference for those who are interested in a certain dog, but again, this does not necessarily mean that paper and certificates make a dog better than another.
A dog can be beautiful without being champion just because the owner is not interested in shows. A dog "could" be a working dog and no working exams just because the owner has no time to dedicate to him. A dog could be an excellent breeding dog but no bonitation because the owner lives in south of spain and has real serious difficulties to reach places were bonitations are held. A dog could could be the healthiest dog in the world but with no HD xrays because the owner is not interested in breeding.
Of course of all the things mentioned, we could apply the absolute OPPOSITE meaning.
Best way to know things is to see them personally, it helps a lot!
For example: If somebody does NOT trust my dog's HD results made in Italy just ask me, I can give a copy of xrays so you can see for yourself.

massimo