View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 03:24   #2
Kootenay

Hey there,
I almost never post here but when I saw this post and I had to sign in to write a reply! Please stay FAR, FAR away from this breeder! They are very well known all through the ("american") wolfdog world as being some of the worst for misrepresentation and flat out lies. They certainly do not breed pure wolves, from the very few rather blurry pictures they put up of their dogs it's painfully obvious that they are low contents or dogs, most of all them. Here you can see them http://www.freewebs.com/wolfhavenspi...hourwolves.htm they are definitely a mix of malamute/husky/GSD and who knows what else but certainly very little if any wolf.
They also have some very unlikely claims...here are some quotes.
"The wolf is the lion of the North. They are called that because they are descendants from the same lineage as lions.
Their eyes are that of a lion brown color and a thick mane runs around their neck and down their back. Females have shorter hair than males.
They also have a cat-like bone structure. They can collapse and dislocate their joints.

They can "collapse and dislocate their joints"??? And from the same lineage as lions....I have no idea where these ideas are coming from but I see no common sense. Anyway I would please advise to stay away from these breeders. If you actually want a pure wolf (and please, think it through carefully...all the facts on that website are completely fabricated) please find another more responsible breeder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunas Mom View Post
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone on this board has any experience raising and living with a purebred wolf? There is a breeder in TX http://www.freewebs.com/wolfhavenspiritofthepast/ who breeds pure wolves for companions.
As an Ethologist, I have always wanted to have a wolf or coyote as a companion - to see the "raw" canine nature - to study them in my own environment.
The above breeder has several different strains that she breeds, all of them with different temperament characteristics. Of them, I am inclined towards the McKenzie Valley strain. I am not so interested in a hybrid, nor am I interested in breeding (I would spay/neuter at maturity) - I just want to experience living with a real wolf...
Kootenay jest offline   Reply With Quote