Thread: czw puppy
View Single Post
Old 20-04-2011, 18:34   #43
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Rush, the reason why I don't see a need to tell the puppy he did something wrong for "attacking" you was because I don't think that at just a few weeks old a dog is developed enough to display true aggression. Perhaps it was over enthusiastic playing? In such a case, wouldn't it be better to show the puppy what appropriate play is instead of rolling him?

In regards to chewing inappropriate things - I agree with the idea that you simply don't leave things you don't want chewed, out. You can't expect dogs to generalize "things not to chew" to include many things you didn't specifically say "not to chew" to. You can tell a dog not to chew this shoe, but it doesn't mean not to chew the other one, nor does it mean NEVER to chew this shoe, just not to chew it right this moment cause you said so. Nor does that mean not to chew the wall, closet, tree branches, etc.

You CAN however, easily tell the dog what IS ok to chew up, which is limited to just a few toys, normally

Of course there are many different schools of thinking when it comes to dog behaviors and training though!
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote