Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Health and nutrition

Health and nutrition How to feed a Wolfdog, information about dog food, how to vaccinate and what to do if the dog gets ill....

Old 07-10-2008, 19:41   #1
nicholas

Default Blood in Urine

I would grately appreciate your help on the following urgent issue that appeared with my dog.

Tristan is now 19 months old and since Friday morning he started to urinate with blood.

We took him to the vet immediately and all his blood tests were normal. We proceeded with a ultrasound scan for his kidneys, prostate and blutter which showed nothing strange. Tsts for urine infection through culture came back negative. Unfortunately his urine even today (Tuesday)contains blood which means that this is not the result of an internal injury. What strikes me odd is the fact that once he starts to urinate the initial amount is nomral and as he progresses the color turns red as if he is bleeding. Besides the above the dog looks and acts quite normal. He has not lost his appetite nor his energy. ANd he doesn't seem to fell uncomfortable while he urinates.

Do you have any idea that might help us? The next thing is to proceed with a CAT scan and he is scheduled to do so tomorrow.

Thanks in advance

Today's blood test.

HCT: 46%
HGB: 15.3g/dL
MCHC: 33.3g/dL
WBC: 12.3x10^9/L
GRANS: 8.0x10^9/L
%GRANS: 65%
NEUT: 7.1x10^9/L
EOS: 0.9x10^9/L
L/M: 4.3x10^9/L
%L/M: 35%