Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Wolves and wolfdogs

Wolves and wolfdogs All about animals similar to CzW... Information about other Wolfdogs: Saarloos Wolfhound, Lupo Italiano...

Old 09-10-2008, 20:00   #21
taloowa

Nah thats cool, I understand and thank you for the warning both of you its sad to think people are like that, especially over the internet.

Do you have wolf dogs?

Bye
Taloowa
taloowa jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 21:00   #22
Pavel

Send a message via Skype™ to Pavel

Hi Talowa, how you know, that in blood your dogs are exactly blood of CsW ? I agree, that lot of people here dont like the crossing our breed with other (I dont understand it too - dont see the sense).
Pavel jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 21:04   #23
taloowa

Hi

I know what is in my dogs as I have met there mother and seen her pedigree and have checked the parents of that dog too.

Bye
Averil
Old 09-10-2008, 21:13   #24
Pavel

And who is the mother, if is it not top secret ?
Old 09-10-2008, 21:23   #25
taloowa

lynx legend is mother and grandparents are atlasz and lexa seda eminence

my what a warm welcome i am getting.... cant believe people can be so petty.....when all we want is to care about the animals we love...
Old 09-10-2008, 21:23   #26
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

Looking at the "Cry Wolf" link under your profile information, "Tramotae" is listed as a pure CSV, and I think I saw another mix...are one of these the mother? I also saw a link to "De Louba Tar" - maybe the mother came from this kennel? Or through the imports of another British breeder?
GalomyOak jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 21:26   #27
taloowa

Hi there

Loppy Lou is the mother of mine for the czech wolf, and he has sarloos from the French Kennels, which he is currently breeding

Bye
Averil
Old 09-10-2008, 21:53   #28
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farena View Post
I agree with Tikaani in the fact that in this site you will find some people who I consider too much proud of belonging a checoslovaquian wolfdog. I can asure you that if your dogs are not pedigreed most of the people here won´t allow you belonging to their "club".

This is also because they are very afraid that the "breed" dissapears... somebody told this to me.

Bye.

No that is not the problem at all...

I think the problem is that the mixing is done by people that are no experts on mix-breeding, and If you cross a CsV whit an udder dog the mix might show aggresion against humans...and if there will be an accedent the CsV and the wolf blood will bee blamed, not the one ho mix the breed or the udder dogbreed...

Do not get me wrong I like mixing, CsV is a mixt dog breed to, but it is done by experts and not farmers !!!

Regards / Mikael
Old 09-10-2008, 21:56   #29
taloowa

Hey there

I like that answer, i can see that happening.. Well I can safley tell you that my dogs are as silly as they come lol and live with my 3 young kids, but we find here in England it is not the dogs to blame for the ones that bit or something its the owners who dont know things.

Bye
Averil
Old 09-10-2008, 21:57   #30
Pavel

Every crossing must have some sense (dveloping new breed, health improvent etc). But this all senses must makes people, which are competent for it. Because many CsW is crossing absolutelly without sense and its only destruction the breed.
Old 09-10-2008, 22:03   #31
taloowa

I agree that crossing with some breeds would be fatel to the czech, however if carefully done, and carefully chosen, it could be succesful,
the temprment of the dog, and the gentics of the chosen dog, has to be carefully considered, there are a lot of people out there that will try and mate it and create a monster i agree, but matching it to something similar, can be a good thing when the bloodlines of the dogs are so narrow. And a possible inbreeding and gaining disease could be worse than bringing in new blood...
Old 09-10-2008, 22:07   #32
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taloowa View Post
Hey there

I like that answer, i can see that happening.. Well I can safley tell you that my dogs are as silly as they come lol and live with my 3 young kids, but we find here in England it is not the dogs to blame for the ones that bit or something its the owners who dont know things.

Bye
Averil
Yes I agree that it is in 95% the owners that are to blame, but some people ho buy a mix dog whit CsV in, do not know how demanding they can bee, and that they are differant to train...and sens it is a mix nobody realy knows how demanding the mix will bee and so one...

/ Mikael
Old 09-10-2008, 22:13   #33
taloowa

I agree crossbreeding could be fatal to any breed, but my carefully chosing the dog and temprament and gentics a little of new blood can be a good thing.

As the bloodlines on these breeds are so small we could end up inbreeding at some point and creating problems.

So a little of something new is a good thing, even mother nature shows us that, to create the dog in the first place you had to have a wolf and a GSD, and if she had not wanted them mixed then they would not of mated...

So carefull selection like mother nature is a good thing..
Old 09-10-2008, 22:15   #34
taloowa

sorry did not mean to post that twice my computer died lol
Old 09-10-2008, 22:20   #35
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
I agree crossbreeding could be fatal to any breed, but my carefully chosing the dog and temprament and gentics a little of new blood can be a good thing.

As the bloodlines on these breeds are so small we could end up inbreeding at some point and creating problems.

So a little of something new is a good thing, even mother nature shows us that, to create the dog in the first place you had to have a wolf and a GSD, and if she had not wanted them mixed then they would not of mated...

So carefull selection like mother nature is a good thing..
Yes I agree, but I do not think it is a good thing to mix a new blood line at home...

I leve that to the experts on CsV in Cz and Sk.

But you are right new blood is needed, but then it is good that FCI alowes new blood to bee added. But only under strikt forms by the mother clubs.

/ Mikael
Old 09-10-2008, 22:21   #36
Pavel

Quote:
the temprment of the dog, and the gentics of the chosen dog, has to be carefully considered, there are a lot of people out there that will try and mate it and create a monster i agree, but matching it to something similar, can be a good thing when the bloodlines of the dogs are so narrow. And a possible inbreeding and gaining disease could be worse than bringing in new blood...
Its good question, but the solving is not wild crossing the dogs. This problem solving breeding commisions, where are the competent people.

Last edited by Pavel; 09-10-2008 at 22:23.
Old 09-10-2008, 22:23   #37
taloowa

well the orignal czech wolf was created to try and help the gsd, and its problems, the same as the sarloos, netiher people then were experts, and the experts are not mother nature.What my dogs are, have been carefully chosen to create a dog that is not much different from your own, in looks and temprament, they are similar, only mine have some new blood in them.I think people have to think about the bloodlines in these breeds and realise that they are not large and they are very small. That could create more problems then good.
Old 09-10-2008, 22:28   #38
taloowa

I agree Pavel crossing with a labrador or poodle would not be the greatest thing to do out there with the czech, and i would hope no one would.

It does mean someone has to carefully chose the correct dog and temprament and bloodline, and i agree there are to many people out there doing things just for some money.

As I say, I would hate to see a czech mate with a poodle or something.

I understand were u are coming from, and agree it has to be done carfully, I think what makes people worry is the moment something goes wrong the wolf would be blamed, and i think that is more down to owners then to a slight differnet bloodline....personally
Old 09-10-2008, 22:28   #39
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
well the orignal czech wolf was created to try and help the gsd, and its problems, the same as the sarloos, netiher people then were experts, and the experts are not mother nature.What my dogs are, have been carefully chosen to create a dog that is not much different from your own, in looks and temprament, they are similar, only mine have some new blood in them.I think people have to think about the bloodlines in these breeds and realise that they are not large and they are very small. That could create more problems then good.
Yes but wild crossing whit udder breeds might also bring in heriditary diseases to, there fore I think it is better to let the mother clubs do it.

If it is done today, DNA test are to bee used to create a 100% healthy blood line.

/ M

Last edited by Mikael; 09-10-2008 at 22:30.
Mikael jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 22:31   #40
taloowa

I take it Mikel you mean someone just mixing a czech with a labrador or soemthing when u say a wild cross? as in its not been thought about ?