Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Upbringing & character

Upbringing & character How to care for a puppy, how to socialize it, the most common problems with CzW, how to solve them....

Old 11-04-2010, 18:20   #1
Blitzen

Question Male or female?

I would be very interested to know if there are any character differences between male and female csws; or is it just down to the individual dog's character and there are no differences?

Are there differences, for example, in dominance, independance, obedience, stubborness, drives, loyalty, affection between the sexes. Any other differences?

Thanks!
Blitzen jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 19:03   #2
miran

I do not know how others experience it all but my experience is that the girl are more dominant in case of there own pack to other dogs and in my eyes more stubborn than the males.
miran jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 14:01   #3
Blitzen

Thanks miran,

On another thread, I read it might me a gender difference that females are more independent than the males generally? Is this true?
Blitzen jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 19:09   #4
Gaga
VIP Member

Send Message via Gadu Gadu to Gaga

For me-only male. Why? When they are adult and have some ideas to beat another dog, males are doing the theatre. They stays, "getting bigger", kill by eyes the enemy- you have a lot of time to come and stop. As I saw the females-they are starting in one second, without signals... it's very hard to stop them.
Wolfdog -male must show, how he is big, strong etc, he always has a time for the show
If our male feels stronger than other dog- he doesn't want to do nothing. Good male is always nice for puppies and young dogs (till 10 month), for females-even histerical - "peace force"
For me-it's much easier with good male than female

Hodowca psów to nie funkcja, to nie zawód i nie nazwa hobby - to tytuł i godność. Trzeba na nią zasłużyć i dobrze piastować.
チェイタン。
Gaga jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 14:07   #5
Elentia

How nice that somebody ask this question its also interesting for me, the differences between male and female in relation to their susceptibility to training, level of aggression and obedience.
Gaga, I heard that females are easier to handle. If you are the beginner and your CsV is you first, breeder always suggest to take female I don't know is it true, I don't have Csv. On the other hand, based on these few dogshows I was, if the owner had the problem with the dog (for example dog didn't tolerate other dogs), it was always with females ok maybe coincidence. But it seems that males are more often "good boys" ? maybe somobody who has both, male and female, can make this comparison, and share with his/ her conclusions?
Elentia jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 14:24   #6
michaelundinaeichhorn

I always prefered and still prefer females, also for working.
It is true that they don´t fight that often and if they do often harder but this is a question of sozialisation and TRAINING and very much oft the timing and training abilities of the owner.
They are better in reaching their goals in the end but they try it by charming the owner not so often by trying to bully him. And the showing of and urin marking is something that is getting on my nerves in males, females often work more concentrated.
I always found that the constellation of a single woman and a male dog is often difficult because they build up a kind of packleader couple, what gives the male duties that are more difficult to controle by a woman, like territorial aggression against other males, which is a duty of the highest ranking male.

I think it is simply a question of personal taste and abilties of the owner.

Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote