Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > _Administration

_Administration Questions connected with Wolfdog.org, database and other technical matters....

Old 05-02-2008, 18:45   #1
Margo

Send a message via Skype™ to Margo Send Message via Gadu Gadu to Margo
Default Photos - please read!

Because Mirka complained about publishing her photos without her permission we removed ALL photos sent by you where we saw her logo or where we though the photos was taken by her.

I hope you will understand it... I know most people don't care for it and allow to publish their photos even without asking the permission. So you've done it in good faith. But in the future please ask the author if you can send us the photos...

We are not able to check the copyrights of every photo - we believe person who send it will care for it... In this case it was not so...

So we decided:

1) all Mirka's photos were removed even if your dog was visible on the photos (remeber: "owner" of the photo is not owner of the pictured dog but person who took the photo).

2) We will no longer accept new photos with Mirka's logo sent by ANYBODY ELSE (beside Mirka) - even if you will get the permission from her. That is the only way we can be sure the copyright laws of her photos will never be broken again...

I hope you understad this steps - I really don't want to be called a THIEF by ANYBODY only because I was so kind to spent my time and ad by MYSELF photos which was sent to wolfodg.org email address...
Margo jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 19:13   #2
Lorry - MLS

Hello Margo,

Because you approach the subject of photos exposed on Wolfdog, I seek that you also remove ALL the photos of the dogs of my breeding ( Mollynière de Lo'Scale) and also those who belong to me.
This to choose I EVEN (or in agreement with my customers / owners) the photos which I wish to expose.

Some véry beautiful, were removed and replaced by photos VERY ugly WITHOUT MY AGREEMENT !

Thank you in advance

Lorry de MLS
Lorry - MLS jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 19:45   #3
Margo

Send a message via Skype™ to Margo Send Message via Gadu Gadu to Margo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorry - MLS View Post
Because you approach the subject of photos exposed on Wolfdog, I seek that you also remove ALL the photos of the dogs of my breeding ( Mollynière de Lo'Scale) and also those who belong to me.
This to choose I EVEN (or in agreement with my customers / owners) the photos which I wish to expose.

Some véry beautiful, were removed and replaced by photos VERY ugly WITHOUT MY AGREEMENT !
We NEVER removed ANY beautiful photos...

Sure we do not add to the gallery photos which are too small or have bad quality but all other are posted. And none of them was removed. If you mean nice photos of your dogs which were taken by Mirka - we had no other choice as to remove them because the author asked for it...

I can also remove all photos sent by you BUT - I will not (I can't) remove photos sent by other people or owners of your puppies because they are authors and at the same time "OWNERS" of the photos. So I can remove them only if they will ask for it - even if they made photos of your dogs...

Sorry but these are the rules - "owner" of the photo is person who took it....
I hope it will be OK for you...
Margo jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 20:25   #4
Lorry - MLS

Margo,

I CAN ASSURE YOU FORMALLY THAT CERTAIN BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS WERE REMOVED AND REPLACED BY THE OTHERS !

In the period, I had moreover protested against this process by leaving Posts on Wolfdog .....without having any answer !

I can assure you also that most of the photos at présent on the site are

- or, photos which I even sent
- or, photos taken directly ON MY SITE , WITHOUT MY AGREEMENT

My customers have never sent themselves photos on Wolfdog, because they make him directly on my own Site!
The person who so acts, makes moreover, often errors with the first names !
The most recent example ?
the photo put with the entitled puppy Ckoo-Mah ' Ook,..... is not this one!!!!
Lorry - MLS jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:42   #5
Mirkawolf

Send a message via ICQ to Mirkawolf Send a message via Skype™ to Mirkawolf

Sorry people, but I think you need real explanation.
I do the photography semi-profesionally and very often I get paid for taking the pictures. If I am giving pictures to people for free to use them on various public sites or their website, I always put my copyrights on them. The meaning of the copyright is - the photo was made by this and this person and like that nobody can say, they did the photo themselves. You could see my photos on websites of various dog breeds or private dog sites, but always with copyright.
If you buy expensive equipment to make photos and you do spend time and effort on making good photos, you do want to protect your pictures that go online by copyrights from being used on various e-card services, virtual stables etc. This happens often, if the photo is not copyrighted and it is quite annoying, having other people claiming your work as theirs or even making money on it.
I will always put copyrights on photos that I give to people for free. It is normal and every serious photographer does that.
If they are buying the photos in the form of prints, naturally there is no copyright over the photo and the customers can use it as they wish. They get for what they paid.

Now, my photos with copyrights, which are on Wolfdog.org, were never problem - because they have the copyrights and many of them were actually photographed for Wolfdog.org and with the purpose of being used in the database. Funny enough, Margo even helped to organise the photo shoot on the summer camp in Lazne Belohrad, so that every dog got photographed.
Taking them down now does not make sense to me, but at the end of the day, it does not really matter to me.

My problem was with the not-copyrighted photos that I did, put online on my private Picasa albums and that appeared mysteriously on Wolfdog.org. I think the reasons why I want these down, is sort of clear from what I mentioned about the reasons why I put copyrights on my pictures. I specified which photos these are in my e-mails to Margo and in my messages to her. I do not know, how many times to say this and if it will ever be understood.

I am sorry for everyone, who is affected by this ridiculous decision of Margo and who will loose pictures done by me. There never was problem with copyrighted photos and she knows it.

Mirka