Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Dog shows

Dog shows Our show successes, how to prepare a CzW, how to show him...

Old 04-06-2010, 00:56   #1
Gypsy Wolf

Default Bonitations

Hi all,
Just a question (or two!) - if your CsV gets a bad bonitation - perhaps the dog is still adolescent in proportions or in the middle of blowing coat - or it was poorly behaved and got a bad character rating - can you re-Bonitate to get a better rating?
Also, how IS character judged? What are the "tests" that the vlcak has to pass to have a "good character?"
Gypsy Wolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 22:51   #2
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunas Mom View Post
Can you re-Bonitate to get a better rating ?
Yes you can re-bonitate.

Quote:
Also, how IS character judged? What are the "tests" that the vlcak has to pass to have a "good character?"
This is the (character test) but as I understand the judge, do judge the character on how the dog behave under the hole bonitaion, not just the (character test) it´s more to find out if the dog is aggressive or shy, as I understand.

I newer bean to a Bonitation yet Therefor as always, correct me if I´m wrong anybody that might know better

Bonitation Card and some info >>> http://www.wolfdog.org/eng/articles/920.html

Very best regards / Mikael
Old 07-06-2010, 17:46   #3
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

Re-bonitation: In Czech republic, you can re-bonitate the character. In Slovakia, you can postpone the bonitation if it seems the results will be poor due to bad character, if you are not satisfied with results, you can ask for re-bonitation, but not later than 1 month after the first bonitation.

As the earliest age for bonitation is 1.5 years in females and 2 years in males (in SR, in CR it is 1.5 for both I think), the growth should be finished - no reason to re-bonitate due to bad proportions. The shedding is no reason to give bad marks, this is not a show. If your dog is in bad condition, you just don't come to the bonitation - easy... The same with type - if the dog is too heavy (fat), the owner should first get it lean and then bonitate.

The character test is different in different countries. In Czech republic, the mark for character can be given for just the character tests - they accept other marks from out-of-CR bonitations. In Slovakia, we ask to do also the measurements, so that the judges sees the behavior of the dog during the whole process, so also for the postponed bonitation we do the whole bonitation.
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 18:37   #4
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

Saschia, in Czech we look at dog during whole bonitation- if he is shy or friendly during measuring too. So not ONLY test of character in the end of bonitation. Some dogs like people, but they are affraid to figurant.
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 21:30   #5
saschia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
Saschia, in Czech we look at dog during whole bonitation- if he is shy or friendly during measuring too. So not ONLY test of character in the end of bonitation.
Yes, if you do the whole bonitation. But as far as I know, the Czech club accepts the result of Slovak bonitation, but not the character test and the character test has to be done in Czech bonitation again. For me, that means you only do the character test for dog which is already bonitated. But I may be mistaken, of course. What I know for sure is that, when we re-bonitate in Slovakia, we do the whole measurements and everything else, even if it was already done for the dog...
Old 08-06-2010, 06:04   #6
Hanka

Yes, we accept slovakian measurment, but we want to see dog in czech test of character
Old 08-06-2010, 08:24   #7
saschia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
Yes, we accept slovakian measurment, but we want to see dog in czech test of character
Yes, so in that dogs, you give character marks based only on the character test, not on the whole bonitation, right?
Old 08-06-2010, 08:46   #8
Hanka

Yes, if for example somebody buy slovakian breeding male, new owner must go to czech test of character. But he can go to all new bonitation too. Yes, in this case we will look at test only- if he will do only test.