Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Upbringing & character

Upbringing & character How to care for a puppy, how to socialize it, the most common problems with CzW, how to solve them....

Old 18-11-2012, 15:00   #1
Apache

Default My plan to get a CSW

Hi,

I've never had a dog as my sister and mother are allergic to dogs. Now that I'm living on my own (in an apartment) I'm thinking of getting a CSW. I work a full time job so I won't be able to spend the day during the week with my dog. Here's the plan I came up with to own a CSW. Feel free to tell me (brutally) honestly whether it's a good idea or not.

- I was thinking of having a 6 week old puppy and take 3 weeks off from work. During this time I would try to socialize my little puppy as much as possible without going too far. After all the puppy is still weak and is prone to disease as it didn't receive all its vaccines yet.
- After this 3 week period I would be going back to work. I was thinking of dropping off my dog at a dog day care center and pick him/her off after work. The day care center would basically be a place where my dog could be playing outside with other dogs. Now I understand that for a young dog this might not be possible because of immunity problems.
- During the week I would walk my dog once in the morning (before dropping him/her off to the day care center) and once after coming back from work.
- Twice a week I would go to a training school so as to educate both the dog and myself.
- During the weekend I would take my dog with my on my trips/hikes. I like to walk so at least during the weekend I know my dog would have plenty of exercise ... and attention from me.

So is this realistic? Would a CSW be happy with this kind of schedule and attention?

As I said earlier be as brutally honest as possible. After all I don't want my dog to be unhappy or to raise a socially unstable dog.
Apache jest offline   Reply With Quote