Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Wolves and wolfdogs

Wolves and wolfdogs All about animals similar to CzW... Information about other Wolfdogs: Saarloos Wolfhound, Lupo Italiano...

Old 20-09-2008, 13:43   #1
BWolf
Ely, Yuk e Megh

Send a message via MSN to BWolf Send a message via Skype™ to BWolf
Default Sarah Palin

Please, stop her!

Il blog dei lupastri di Ca' Desideria
BWolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 13:59   #2
michaelundinaeichhorn

What is even much worse: She wants to allow oil-companies the approache to nature reservations.
But it is job of the US-citizens to stop her and I am not very optimistic.

Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 14:11   #3
BWolf
Ely, Yuk e Megh

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn View Post
What is even much worse: She wants to allow oil-companies the approache to nature reservations.
But it is job of the US-citizens to stop her and I am not very optimistic.
Ina
That's why i posted it here!

this jpg is funny but it's so tragically "realistic"

Can you imagine? Oh, they can't go wrong AGAIN... (i hope it for the planet)...

Old 20-09-2008, 19:12   #4
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

I do not support hunting on wolves

But in russia thay have about 80000 wolves
and in America about about 60000 wolves

So I think thay might have a few more wolf problems then we have in Europe...

But Scandinavia it is about 500 wolves, and still people wont to hunt them...That is a big problem...

I think people from different parts of the world will think differaetley in this matter, for example farmers...

6 km from my house 6 sheeps was killed by a wolf last month, and even if it is not aloved to hunt wolves in Sweden, I know farmers and hunters still do to protect there animals and hunting grounds.

But this video is highly political, and this is exactly what they wont, fore us to hate the udder side, thay do not care about the wolves, onely about there votes...

Regards / Mikael
Old 20-09-2008, 20:04   #5
Flinch

Hi Mikael,

Last week it was decided that some of the wolves around our village (Nordmark, Värmland) will be shot. Too many incidents with the killing of ponies and sheep. But also a hunting dog was killed. And of course, the moose hunting will start soon. And now hunters are scared that more dog will be killed during the moose hunt...
And no, I do not have any problem with hunting, but I really do not get why people want to shoot a wolf or lynx. Will those hunters eat them.
Sorry for going OT, but I had to get it out of my system.
Flinch jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 20:39   #6
BWolf
Ely, Yuk e Megh

Quote:
Mikael,
as Ina said, wolves hunting is just the peak of the iceberg.
They published this video "only" to get votes? Well done! I agree. A lot of US-Citizen will vote because of these FACTS? Good sign! What's wrong with this?

Stefano

Old 21-09-2008, 00:31   #7
martiou07

Send a message via MSN to martiou07 Send a message via Skype™ to martiou07

my opinion and my solution against this Sarah Palin
= ........ ........... .........

martiou07 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 07:47   #8
btd
złośliwy krasnolud

Mikael: number of wolves is nothing, what is more important is number of wolves/surface of country. So what that in russia there are 80000 when russia is so big country?

And plane hunting? This isn't hunting, its slaughter for stupid, fat and lazy americans (hah, this looks like description of republicans :-> ).

I'm not against hunting - humans has deregulated nature and now have to control it, sometimes by killing, but it has to be done properly. Get on the ground, and give wolf or bear chance to bite fat, republican ass.
Old 21-09-2008, 09:46   #9
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Yes I agree, hunting from airplane and helicopter is not hunting, its pure killing !!! and as I told, I do not suport hunting of wolves...

But I do not think in Scandinavia that someone hunts wolves fore fun, thay do it to protect there sheeps and huntin grunds. The hunting grunds are small, and one wolf can easy scare all udder animals away.

But in Canada I know thay have hunting trips to hunt Timberwolf,
this is noting new, and I do not think vote for Obama will stop hunting in the US. But I hope he will win anyway...

Regards / M
Old 21-09-2008, 10:46   #10
michaelundinaeichhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post

But I do not think in Scandinavia that someone hunts wolves fore fun, thay do it to protect there sheeps and huntin grunds. The hunting grunds are small, and one wolf can easy scare all udder animals away.
There are easy ways of protecting the life stock and many places where this is done easily. And there are many places and good researches that show that wolves aren´t bad for hunting grounds, the opposite is the case.
Wolf-hunters don´t want to know that and they don´t want to change anything, nothing else.
The last numbers I found about the population: less than 175 000 worldwide, about 40% in the countries of former UDSSR, that means only about/under 68 800.
You have to be extremely careful to use numbers of hunters or states that allow hunting they are almost always far too high.

Ina
Old 21-09-2008, 12:54   #11
Juniorwolf

Scandinavian gomerments is maybe the worst when it comes to wolves, in Sweden all wolves(about 10-13 wolves) are from same line and can therefor only make inbreeding in the future and the Swedish goverment do not allow new blood to enter sweden because of their strict rules of vaccination, so in time this population will die.... surly !

In Norway they still kill wolves, even that they have a small population(less than , so in time this will cause inbreeding too and the population will die.... surly !

In Denmark our ancestors killed all predatory animals bigger than foxes many years ago..... now foxes is being killed in big numbers too.

Sheeps and other prey for the wolves can easily be protected with various breeds of dogs.... there is NO excuse for killing wolves in Scandinavia !!!

Sorry but I don`t know much about wolves in Finland ?

Rolf
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 12:56   #12
Juniorwolf

sorry ....Norway have less than 8 wild wolves according to WWF

Rolf
Old 21-09-2008, 15:16   #13
michaelundinaeichhorn

Well, a western-countries-area that can´t afford 18 wolves on such a big area really has a problem.
Old 21-09-2008, 16:24   #14
Navarre
VIP Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Navarre

The video is very disgusting, and Mr. Palin too.

About wolves and defending sheeps form them : I agree with rolf, there are many other ways to protect live stocks, forst of them the good old big sheep dog.
In Italy (really not the most advanced country in Europe) the wolf is protected by the law, and the State refunds money for each sheep killed by a wolf.

There is no excuse to kill wolves.
Old 21-09-2008, 18:12   #15
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolf View Post
Scandinavian gomerments is maybe the worst when it comes to wolves, in Sweden all wolves(about 10-13 wolves) are from same line and can therefor only make inbreeding in the future and the Swedish goverment do not allow new blood to enter sweden because of their strict rules of vaccination, so in time this population will die.... surly !

In Norway they still kill wolves, even that they have a small population(less than , so in time this will cause inbreeding too and the population will die.... surly !

In Denmark our ancestors killed all predatory animals bigger than foxes many years ago..... now foxes is being killed in big numbers too.

Sheeps and other prey for the wolves can easily be protected with various breeds of dogs.... there is NO excuse for killing wolves in Scandinavia !!!

Sorry but I don`t know much about wolves in Finland ?

Rolf
In Sweden there are about 200 wolves and 15 litter was born 2005/2006.
Totaly 130 wolf puppys and alsow one in norway.

over 1´500´000 euro has been collected in sweden to protect the wolves in scandinavia, partley throug the project SCANULV.
I think alsow we have imported russian wolfblood ?

All farmers that lose a animal will get 100% compensensation, but the hunters will get 0 %, that might be a problem...

And nobody will get money to protect animals from wolves...yet

I think in Sweden we do much to save the wolf, but I agree more can be done.

Regards / Mikael
Old 21-09-2008, 19:16   #16
michaelundinaeichhorn

Well I don´t think 18 wolves are a realistic number about 500 in Skandinavia will be more realistic. Even this isn´t much.
The "Gesellschaft zum Schutz der Wölfe" gives money to lifestock-protecting work worldwide maybe they should get in contact with them.

And I don´t see any reasons why hunters should get any money. Following their own arguments they only want to protect the wildlife. There is no better way then to have a selection through natural predators.
Old 21-09-2008, 20:20   #17
Juniorwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
In Sweden there are about 200 wolves and 15 litter was born 2005/2006.
Totaly 130 wolf puppys and alsow one in norway.

over 1´500´000 euro has been collected in sweden to protect the wolves in scandinavia, partley throug the project SCANULV.
I think alsow we have imported russian wolfblood ?

All farmers that lose a animal will get 100% compensensation, but the hunters will get 0 %, that might be a problem...

And nobody will get money to protect animals from wolves...yet

I think in Sweden we do much to save the wolf, but I agree more can be done.

Regards / Mikael
Sorry ....numbers I wrote is packs of wolves, not induviduals
But still it is not much consideret the size of the countries !

I all lives Europe is about 17.-18.000 wolves.

The Iberians(Spain and Portugal) lives about 2.500 wolves.
The Western and central Alpes lives about 100-120 wolves.
The Apennirian Mountains(Italy) lives about 100, but some of them are hybrids.
Balkan lives about 5.000 wolves.
carpathia(nothern Bulgaria, eastern Serbia, Rumania, southwestern Ukraine, Slovakia, southern Poland and Czrch rep.) lives about 5.000 wolves.
Baltics lives about 3.600 wolves.
Finland lives about 750 wolves.
Sweden and Norway lives about 150 wolves.
Germany and western Poland lives about 40-50 wolves.

According to WWF(World Wild Foundation).

Rolf
Old 21-09-2008, 20:23   #18
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Well I don´t think 18 wolves are a realistic number about 500 in Skandinavia will be more realistic. Even this isn´t much.
The "Gesellschaft zum Schutz der Wölfe" gives money to lifestock-protecting work worldwide maybe they should get in contact with them.

And I don´t see any reasons why hunters should get any money. Following their own arguments they only want to protect the wildlife. There is no better way then to have a selection through natural predators.
Yes about 200 it is but there are only about 132-156 grovn up volves in Sweden, I do not know numbers from Norway and Finland, but here are the Swedish ones...

2004/2005 24 familys 101-109 grovn wolves
2005/2006 27-28 familys 114-124 grovn wolves
2006/2007 28-29 familys 112-129 grovn wolves
2007/2008 33-41 familys 132-156 grovn wolves

In 2008 19 litters was registred and there was about 152 wolf puppys.

I think this is god numbers

Also 3 registred wolves has past in to Sweden from Finland / Russia 2007 / 2008, but DNA tests on excerement = poo-poo will probably prove that more wolves has immigrated in from that area.

Best regads / Mikael
Old 21-09-2008, 20:27   #19
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Sorry rolf I did not have time to se your post

Regads / Mikael
Old 27-09-2008, 01:44   #20
elkr919

Hold on BTD. I want to clear something up. I am a CZ owner in the US AND I am a republican AND I love wolves. I am just as angry with Palin's support of aerial hunting of wolves myself and that is why I will not be voting for that ticket (besides the many other factors I dont like). Honestly I find it disgusting. But to say all american republicans are quote: " stupid, fat and lazy americans (hah, this looks like description of republicans :-> )". Is a bit extreme and offensive. I am sure there are fat stupid lazy people who share the same views in every country. You cannot judge a whole group of people by the actions of a few. It is just ignorant.

I love wolves, wolfdogs and animals in general. I would shoot a person before I would hurt a animal because a person would generally deserve it before an animal would. I understand this is a hot issue especially among those of us who love these animals. I see it as nothing but wrong, but please keep comments like that to yourself.
elkr919 jest offline   Reply With Quote