Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > Deutsch > Gesundheit & Ernährung

Gesundheit & Ernährung Wie füttere ich einen Wolfshund, Informationen über Hundefutter, Impfungen und Krankheiten

Old 28-07-2010, 13:26   #11
michaelundinaeichhorn

Antwort von Saschia:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanninadina
Do you remember that you have been in germany in may to the speciality with your dwarf 6 month old csw? Afterwards we had some pn contact. People over there told me that that dwarf pup is from Ondraj. I did not know that it is your pup. When we were in contact, I did ask you, if it is true what I heard? I got til today no answer.

I think it is just the stated reason. Why do you want to know which breeder it is from? The breeder is not guilty of producing the dwarf pup and therefore should not be punished by negative references. Why do you speculate and try to deduce the information that a person, who knows about the disease and promotes the mechanisms to eradicate it, does not want to reveal? Mijke has very good reason - this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanninadina
It would be a good thing if people start to be honest and breeders would not breed with ill dogs, like your breeder did. Maybe he did not know till his litter came. But now he has to stop breeding his bitch.

What you write is not true! First, nobody sane breeds with dog affected by dwarfism or DM, or any such crippling disease. They may breed the carriers only. And it is OK to breed carriers! It is only important not to combine them with other carriers. If you stop all carriers from breedeing, you will have only a small population of dogs, and you yourself say that inbreeding is a bad thing.

Lot of people would not buy from breeders that are known to have carriers, so how can you expect them to advertise it? That is what keeps a lot of people from testing their animals - they are afraid of a witch hunt just like yours.