Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Meetings and travels

Meetings and travels Huge and small - oficial and private... How and where travel with your CzW...

Old 17-03-2004, 14:58   #1
Margo

Send a message via Skype™ to Margo Send Message via Gadu Gadu to Margo
Default Summercamps 2004

Finally we have all info about summer camps in CZ and SK. I will try to write you some words about every summer camp which can help you to choose the best one for you.

There are 6 summer camps this year - here is the schedule:

*** Summer training camp for CzW - Jevisovice (CZ)
17/07/2004 - 01/08/2004
http://www.wolfdog.org/eng/events/270.html
It's similar to the well-known summer camp in Lazne Belohrad. But this camp in Jevisovice (Moravia) is more pleasant. It takes place on the private ground of the family Matusinec (kennel Dakmat). Of course you can also train there and make exams but less than in Lazne. So if you want to spent some quite days with other CzW owners from Moravia it is good solution. It would be good if you speak German - the organizers know this language good enough. Training will be hold by Helena Hloubackova (kennel Sotis).

*** Summer training camp for CzW - Lazne Belohrad (CZ)
25/07/2004 - 07/08/2004
http://www.wolfdog.org/eng/events/285.html
It's our favourite camp in CZ... The organizer is Vanca Zeisek (kennel z Litavske kotliny) - he organizes also the summer camp in Nadejkov but also most of the CzW meetings and competitions. And he makes it good...
How does this camp look like: first week there is a lot of training, during the second we make the exams. A single day look like this: in the morning tracking, after it breakfast, protection work and lunch. Later a break and at 14:00 there is training to the dog shows and bonitation, and obedience in groups. After dinner again protection work.
The most important is: if you don't want to train you don't need to. You can also for example take part only in bonitation training and obedience. Or take part in the training every second day. Simply said: you decide... And in the fact you will be able to participate only in some lessons because the dogs are not able to train the whole day.

Also almost every day there is something for owners: trips to ZOO (you can take your dog with you), night safari, trips to famous places and rocks, walks in the city (it's nice city: "Lazne" means "spring": healty water). If there is too hot to train we go to the swimming pool or make outing to the near castles or palaces.

You will also have no problems to speak English or German on this summer camp. If everything goes OK, there will be people not only from CZ but also Poland, Holland, Czech Republic and Germany this year.

According the exams - we can translate some of the regulations for you. But if your dog knows already the basic commands you can try to make the Czech ZOP or ZZO tests. There is also the possibility to make VZ1 (20 km by bike with dog running next to you) and also the German BH. If you already trained with your dog you can make the ZM or ZPU1. There are many possibilities...
The exams are also very cheap: about 7-10 EUR for every test.

*** Summer training camp of TART - Zirovnice (CZ)
24/07/2004 - 07/08/2004
http://www.wolfdog.org/eng/events/266.html
TART is the special club training for professional working dogs. So also the summer camp is only for advanced dogs: it is not only for CzW but for all breeds and mainly for real working dogs (security, police and army). There is very hard training for the whole day - but they train it not as a sport but for real work. It is great for everyone who works with a CzW but problematic for "normal" people...

*** Summer training camp - Jetrichovice (CZ)
01/08/2004 - 15/08/2004
I never was there because it takes place for the first time. What I don't understand the idea behind this because everytime the people plan the termins very carefull but not this case: this camp colidates with the summercamp in Lazne and also in Slovakia... Anyway: there will be also training, some exams (only the basic) and trips but I don't know more about it...

*** Summer camp for CzW - Podkonice-Plese (SK)
07/08/2004 - 15/08/2004
http://www.wolfdog.org/eng/events/290.html
It's the only summer camp organized by the Slovakian CzW Club. It's great for the whole family. There is only a little bit training (2x obedience, 1 x protection work) and only basic obedience and protection.
The Slovaks have always something for every day: one-day trip to the mountains (it's nothing special for Slovaks who are used to make such trips but it can be quite exhausting for usual people), another day orientation run with dogs, volleyball tournaments. Every day there is something for children (Jan Polony (kennel Foncorda) is an expert in preparing games for them). Every evening there is a campfire for all participants (don't forget to prepare some English songs! ). On Saturday there is always the bonitation. You can apply to the bonitation already on Saturday - so you can decide if you will take part or not...
I like Slovakian camps because there is no stress - only vacation and nice free time..

*** Summer training camp - Nadejkov (CZ)
13/08/2004 - 31/08/2004
http://www.wolfdog.org/eng/events/286.html
I think it is less interesting because it is the only camp which is not only for CzW but for all breeds (of course people with other dogs than CzW are also welcome on other camps but the CzW owners make majority there). But Nadejkov is a very nice place - so if you want you can also visit this camp...

In the event calendar you will find more about the prices and where to send the entry form. If you have any questions - just ask...

The customs of your tribe are not laws of nature - George Bernard Shaw
Margo jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2004, 15:39   #2
Pavel

Send a message via Skype™ to Pavel
Default Re: Summercamps 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margo
*** Summer training camp of TART - Zirovnice (CZ)
24/07/2004 - 07/08/2004
http://www.wolfdog.org/eng/events/266.html
TART is the special club training for professional working dogs. So also the summer camp is only for advanced dogs: it is not only for CzW but for all breeds and mainly for real working dogs (security, police and army). There is very hard training for the whole day - but they train it not as a sport but for real work. It is great for everyone who works with a CzW but problematic for "normal" people...
Am not agree, Margo. TART is not only for the advanced dogs. This is legend only, which comes from people, they makes a pure IPO training and hates more practically trainings methods. For CsW is TART more interesting and dogs likes it more, then pure dressage by IPO without thinking and more possible variants the situations (by IPO repeat always 100% same situations and practices. By TART is always the situation new or modified).
Just last year and this year too is in this summer camp organisate one group only for beginers. This group will have normally basic training, but just sometime can try the practical disciplines. We take to summer camp specially for this group trainers, which training not TART but normally dogs in cynological clubs.
Problem will be only, if comming people from abroad, who dont speaking czech, slowakian, polish or german, because only in this languages will be possible to translate (pure practical thing, because will be there more people, who speaking french and english as well).

Everybody is in Zirovnice welcome

Pavel
Pavel jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2004, 16:55   #3
Margo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel
Am not agree, Margo. TART is not only for the advanced dogs. This is legend only, which comes from people, they makes a pure IPO training and hates more practically trainings methods.
But that's exactly the point. TART is practical training. If someone from abroad is working with his dog he makes only the IPO/SchH - it means as sport. So the problem is: if someone is an beginner he will not make any single exam on this summer camp. If someone already made something with his dog he will be also not able to make any exams because TART is so different...

I like TART and I find it interesting but I will suggest for all people which are interested in sport und basic training to visit rather a summer camp for CzW.... TART could be interesting but only for this which know what it means and know the differences...

Old 17-03-2004, 19:27   #4
Pavel

Send a message via Skype™ to Pavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margo
TART is practical training. If someone from abroad is working with his dog he makes only the IPO/SchH ...
And its the mistake of many people. TART is not a training for police or military dogs. Its a sport discipline. Is true, that is near to practically using the dog. But read the TART rules. Its obedience, trace and defence - basically same like by IPO. Only all practices are more practically. E.g. obedience can be doing anywhere. If judge says, that will be in forrest or in city, then will doing there (by IPO or SchH is in rules exactly size of place basically with grass).
For your info - TART is simply nothing new. Before year 1990 was only one cynological discipline in Czechoslovakia - TART (but no with this name, its simply calling National cynological exams).
And on end - I know many TART dogs, which without problems doing IPO or SchH exams, but only one IPO dog, which reach TART exam (many try it, but because IPO is the dressage only, the dogs have problems working in natural terrain, they need only the "laboratory conditions".
Margo, its no sense to discuss here about TART or no-TART. Everybody can try TART and alone choice, whats better interested own dog.

Pavel
Pavel jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2004, 19:50   #5
Margo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel
TART is not a training for police or military dogs. Its a sport discipline. Is true, that is near to practically using the dog. But read the TART rules. Its obedience, trace and defence - basically same like by IPO. Only all practices are more practically. (..) Margo, its no sense to discuss here about TART or no-TART. Everybody can try TART and alone choice, whats better interested own dog.
Pavel
Right. But you know TART is nice but it is to "deep water" for most CzW owners. You can do something on TART camp but owners with shy dogs or with dogs which have problems with the basic obedience have nothing to do there. First they have to make exams like ZOP, ZZO or something more. And then start with TART and practical use of their dogs...
That't the reason I'm telling it is not for everyone... There are limited number of places there - so they should leave them for someone who will use all possibilities which this camp offer in 100%....

Old 30-03-2004, 23:00   #6
Margo

For everyone who plans to be in Lazne Belohrad (25/07/2004 - 07/08/2004):

If there will be enough people we will make the VZ1 exams: endurance test for Search and Rescue dogs - 20km by bike. So don't forget to take a bike with you!!!

Old 12-07-2004, 21:38   #7
z Peronówki
VIP Member

Send a message via MSN to z Peronówki Send a message via Skype™ to z Peronówki

We received already small statistics:

- 12 CzW will participate in the TART summercamp in Zirovnice

- in Lazne Belohrad you will be able to see at last 35 CzW (from Czech Republic, Poland, Holland, Germany and Italy)

- so far we do not very good statistics for the summer camp in Slovakia because many people will come with their own tents and they are not included in the stats but we except that there will be more that 50 CzW (from almost all coutries) which will visit the summer camp during the whole week

'Z PERONÓWKI'
FACEBOOK GROUP
z Peronówki jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2004, 23:11   #8
Ori

Send a message via Skype™ to Ori

Hello Mijke!
will you come to Lazne with your CsV ?
It can be a nice place with so many CsV

Ela and Amber Wolf
Ori jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2004, 12:53   #9
mijke

Hello Ela,

I would like to come!

But unfortunately it is not possible for me to come to one of the summercamps

But I hope to meet you again again in other meetings!

Greetings,

Mijke and pack

PS: I am not a moderator anymore!!
http://www.ursidaestee.wolfdog.org/voor%20wolfdog/handtekening/New%20format%20banner%20Wg.jpg
mijke jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2004, 12:58   #10
z Peronówki
VIP Member

Send a message via MSN to z Peronówki Send a message via Skype™ to z Peronówki

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijke
But I hope to meet you again again in other meetings!
Sure - 4 weeks later in Pozna...

'Z PERONÓWKI'
FACEBOOK GROUP
z Peronówki jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2004, 14:24   #11
Ori

Send a message via Skype™ to Ori

Hello Mijke!
What a pity
I was sure I meet you there !
So, we meet each other in Peronowka
And will you come to my sity to Poznan on a Dog Show in November?
That's the bigest dog show in Poland!!!

Be my guest on my new page, that's Amber's page
The name of my kennel means "Amber's pack"
www.jantarowa.wataha.wolfdog.org also in English

By
Ela