Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breed standard & bonitations

Breed standard & bonitations How typical CzW should look like, measurements and commentaries to the breed standard, information about bonitations and youth presentations....

Old 26-07-2003, 17:52   #1
Azazel
n00b

Default at what age is a CsW fully grown??

Dear everybody....>:O)

Does somebody know at what age a CsW is fully grown?
My dog Anubis Shadow is six month's now and he is already bigger then my 62cm high malinios Breezer...>:O)

Thanx in advance..

Best Regards,

Barry Rokven.
Azazel jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2003, 20:03   #2
Koos

Default at what age is a CsW fully grown??

Hello Barry,

A CSW male is fully grown at the age of 3 - 3,5 years old. and can be
reach a hight between 65 and 75 cm. A hight of 68-70 cm is normal.

Letty
Koos jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 22:12   #3
taro

Default Short height for a male

Hello everyone. I'm a bit worried with the height of my male CZW because he is nearly 1 year old and he only heights 61cm. I've read the standard and it should be at least 65cm. I don't know if he'll grow more . Can anybody tell me their experience?
taro jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 18:06   #4
Mirkawolf

Send a message via ICQ to Mirkawolf Send a message via Skype™ to Mirkawolf

The dog averagely grows up till the age of 12 months, after this, he will only gain a bit of weight and muscles.
Look on the pedigree of your dog. Look who is the mother, who is the father and their parents and look how high they were. That should give you hint about final size of your male dog. If the father and his father come from line, that was average or limited height (around 65-66 cm) and mother of your female was also on limit (60-61cm) then there is chance your male dog also won´t be too big.
Growing up also can be supported by the food (quality and amount), but the height is mostly given by the genetics. In the age of 11-12 months do not expect any big changes.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:43   #5
z Peronówki
VIP Member

Send a message via MSN to z Peronówki Send a message via Skype™ to z Peronówki
Default Short height for a male

Quote:
Originally Posted by taro
I'm a bit worried with the height of my male CZW because he is nearly 1 year old and he only heights 61cm. I've read the standard and it should be at least 65cm. I don't know if he'll grow more . Can anybody tell me their experience?
First question: did you mesure your dog right? At right place and paying the attention to the right possition of the front legs? I'm asking because I know the measure can differ for about 2-4 cm depending how the dog is standing...

O'Taro comes from Czech-Slovakian line. His mother comes from Czech line of average-size dogs. The fahter Dag comes from a line which is know for pretty large dogs but it seems he cares in the genes not so high size. I met in Germany Taro's sister Oakley which get the note "good" because of the size much under the limit. But I know that another sister (Orin) has already "normal" size... So maybe the whole litter will be not very high but Wolfdogs which do not reach the minimum of height are pretty rare nowdays....

'Z PERONÓWKI'
FACEBOOK GROUP
z Peronówki jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 18:32   #6
taro

Thank you Margo I've maesured him again and now I realize that the right measure is about 64cm. It's difficult to measure him because he won't stop moving! By the way, you talk about the right way of measuring him. Could you describe it to me a bit to see if I'm doing it wrong? Thanks again
taro jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 22:32   #7
Mirkawolf

Send a message via ICQ to Mirkawolf Send a message via Skype™ to Mirkawolf

Good to hear the dog is not so small, in the end
For the proper measuring, look for example here:

http://www.wolfdog.org/eng/gallery/pic21285.html
Old 13-10-2005, 13:14   #8
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

Hi taro,

if your dog is moving all the time, you won't be able to measutre him precisely. If you want to breed with him and pass bonitation, I would advise you to train with him, so that he stops and stands straight. It is very important, especially if the hight is on the limit and also for the measurement of other parts of body, length for example.

So make sure you train with him, also with other people measuring him, so he won't be scared of it.
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote