Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Wolves and wolfdogs

Wolves and wolfdogs All about animals similar to CzW... Information about other Wolfdogs: Saarloos Wolfhound, Lupo Italiano...

Old 06-12-2011, 23:31   #41
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMERICANI View Post
I don't want to lose hope.... All of these pics I see on Wolfdog of 5 or 6 all playing together... is it a temperament issue?
Usually it is the age issue. But it is also possible to see a pack of unrelated animals of different ages and sexes and temeraments having some good time together - usually when their owners meet regularly and the dogs know they may not fight. And the photos of course are taken of supervised dogs. We had been for walks in groups of several adult dominant males and two adult dominant bitches (and one submissive one) all going off-leash at hikes and it did work.

I am convinced that with good training you will be able to have all your pack with you for walks - and it may not take so long, but it is best if you start as soon as possible and create the hierarchy of the pack yourself - like the young dog needs to know YOU do not tolerate when it tries to be too cheeky with the older one. And the older one needs to know that YOU do not tolerate if it fights in your presence. But of course they need to be desenzitized first, so that they can realize that YOU are there to solve the possible conflicts. I think this is the case similar as Mech said - a pack artificially created of unrelated animals.
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote